Rosenthal: O's made run at Upton? (Upton rejects trade to M's)

ChaosLex

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More from Rosenthal:

@bigmetsfan123

@Ken_Rosenthal there is no chance they get him ... They have NO system ...

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

@bigmetsfan123 They have young starters at ML level.

‏@bigmetsfan123

@Ken_Rosenthal ur not giving up bundy or machado ... Whos theyre best trade chip ? Tillman ? A guy like gausman

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

@bigmetsfan123 C'mon, man. Britton, Arrieta, Matusz, start there.

I'm guessing AZ asked for Bundy and talks stalled. Towers needs to s or get off the pot with this OF situation.

I think Tower's has misjudged Upton's value, atleast in the eyes of other teams. Az has had a pretty bad offseason, even though they have been pretty active. Signing Ross is a head scratcher.

Do the Mets have a better system than us? Or is this just some guy pretending that he knows more about baseball than Rosenthal?

After this offseason's trades the Mets farm is loaded at the top. Wheeler/D'Arnaud/Syndergaard are all top 30 prospects with Wheeler and D'Arnaud probably both in the top 15. Wilmer Flores stands a decent chance at top 50 himself.

My guess, DD called about Upton just to see the cost, heard Bundy plus and decided to talk Kubel instead.

My guess is DD called about Upton just to see the cost, heard Bundy plus and hung up and then got linked by the press to Kubel. No actual interest by DD tho.

Do the Mets have a better system than us? Or is this just some guy pretending that he knows more about baseball than Rosenthal?

Not hard to, they probably already did, but the Dickey trade solidified that.

Aside from Bundy, machado and Gausman the O's farm system is weak and guys like Matusz and Arrieta have lost the prospect tag. Britton is a work in progress. Tillman may technically be a prospect but that tag is soon up. The O's best prospects are already on the team or are about to be. That can tell you how weak overall the system is.

Archived