Brian Roberts interview

wildcard

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree but I'm still not sure either get much time this year at second. Roberts is option A. Casilla is option B. It would take some really bad play really quick for them to go to Flaherty or Schoop.

If Roberts starts the season at 2B I think he gets until mid to late May to prove he can produce playing 5 days a week. If he is not doing it by then he will come down with an injury or be DFA'd to Bowie so he can work on things. Casilla will proven to be exactly what he has been. A good defensive 2B with range who can't steal first base. If Flaherty or Schoop are tearing it up in Norfolk or Bowie one of them could be promoted in mid to late May. If they are promoted they play. That is my guess in mid January.

Brian says he is a full go from day one and expects to be the starting 2nd baseman.

What else is he gonna say? Has anybody seen or read about his off season activities? What's he been doing to be ready to jump back into the role of a starting 2nd baseman? I'll believe it when I see it.

What else is he gonna say? Has anybody seen or read about his off season activities? What's he been doing to be ready to jump back into the role of a starting 2nd baseman? I'll believe it when I see it.

All I have seen/heard is:

His physical therapy for his Hip surgery is complete and he can begin baseball activities.

Someone on OH (Tony?) relayed information saying how terrible he looked taking batting practice.

He's had a full, normal off-season, in terms of workouts and preperation. FWIW.

Yea, as long as you don't include rehabbing from Hip surgery. I guess if you don't start workouts and preparation until the middle of December you can call it normal. If you are someone that doesn't stop working, like the Bundys, then it wasn't a normal off-season.

Yea, as long as you don't include rehabbing from Hip surgery. I guess if you don't start workouts and preparation until the middle of December you can call it normal. If you are someone that doesn't stop working, like the Bundys, then it wasn't a normal off-season.

Don't most players take a few weeks off and then start working out in December? I thought this was the norm, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Whatever you say.

"I'm pretty much doing everything. Health-wise, I'm probably ahead of where I'd normally be in the offseason for the first time in a long time."

"I've been going at it ever since the surgery," he said. "The first month was slow rehab stuff. Once I hit the eight-week mark at the end of September, I started to do a lot more. I've been cleared pretty much of any restrictions at this point. Now I'm in my normal offseason training program. And I'm doing more (baseball) stuff now. Not having been able to play as much in the past few years, I'm hitting earlier and doing more baseball stuff than I did in the past to be ahead of the curve."

"My hip feels great," Roberts continued. "I'm doing everything that I normally would be doing. I don't even really think about it much anymore. And as time continues to go by and it gets better and better, I think about it less and less now."

Don't most players take a few weeks off and then start working out in December? I thought this was the norm, but please correct me if I am wrong.

It might be.

I specifically used the Bundys as an example since I follow Dylan on Twitter and I know they didn't take much of a break.

I just can't consider any offseason that includes rehabbing from Hip surgery "normal".

It might be.

I specifically used the Bundys as an example since I follow Dylan on Twitter and I know they didn't take much of a break.

I just can't consider any offseason that includes rehabbing from Hip surgery "normal".

According to him, he was done rehabbing by the end of September.

I'm not suggesting that he's suddenly going to be 31-year old B-Rob again, but if the guy says he's been done rehabbing for a while, is without restrictions, and is ahead of where he'd normally be at this stage of the offseason, I'm going to take him at his word.

And Shanahan believed RG3.

Athletes lie about their health constantly.

Do you honestly think there are not going to be negative, long term effects, after Hip Surgery when you are 35 years old?

Archived