Former Nat Elijah Dukes in trouble . . . . again

Whammer

Seems like just yesterday when Nats fans loved Elijah Dukes. If I recall, his nickname during the time was "Smiley". Well, he ain't smiling no more.

Full disclosure: I couldn't stand the guy. Always thought he was putting on an act - and DC fans bought it hook-line-and-sinker including some prominent Washington Post beat writers.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1271715.ece

Shame that he could never stay out of trouble.

I suspect he's been getting into trouble long before pro baseball. He didn't exactly have a model father. I see a long prison sentence in his future with his current trajectory.

Imagine if Dukes and Josh Hamilton could've kept out of trouble.

TB could have been fielding an outfield of Dukes, Hamilton and Carl Crawford. Yikes.

Yes... imagine if the Rays had been struck with less bad luck :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's just ridiculous how good that team is even with all that goes wrong with some of their prospects. Even when someone takes an unexpected step back, they seem to have 2 more solid options coming up behind them.

Yes... imagine if the Rays had been struck with less bad luck :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's just ridiculous how good that team is even with all that goes wrong with some of their prospects. Even when someone takes an unexpected step back, they seem to have 2 more solid options coming up behind them.

Yup...the Rays know what they are doing. Plus, they had years of being bad and stock-piling highly drafted players.

I think they are proving that they have eyes for talent and can develop said talent.

Archived