Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

C.C. Sabathia's E.R.A. is more than a full run higher than that of Miguel Gonzalez (4.81 for Sabathia, 3.77 for Gonzalez.)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. YANKEES, 8/30)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Danny Valencia - DH

Alexi Casilla - 2B

Taylor Teagarden - C

Migule Gonzalez - RHP (8-6, 3.77 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

C.C. Sabathia - LHP (11-11, 4.81 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is Tea catching tonight? Does he have good numbers against CC? Does Wieters suck against him?

I know Casilla owns him.

I don't know, but (presuming that Wieters was going to be given one of the 3 games off in this series anyway) it could be because we have back-to-back games at 1:05 P.M. on Saturday and Sunday, and Showalter wants Wieters to catch games at the same time, instead of a night game and a day game.

Maybe he thinks that he can steal tonight's game with Teagarden in there, and then have Wieters fresh for the final 2 (games.)

I don't know, but (presuming that Wieters was going to be given one of the 3 games off in this series anyway) it could be because we have back-to-back games at 1:05 P.M. on Saturday and Sunday, and Showalter wants Wieters to catch games at the same time, instead of a night game and a day game.

Maybe he thinks that he can steal tonight's game with Teagarden, and then have Wieters fresh for the final 2 (games.)

Could be. Is Wieters' right shoulder still bothering him? If he's gonna miss a game this series, it should be against a LHP. Nova (Sat) and Hughes (Sun) are RHP.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. YANKEES, 8/31)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Nick Markakis - RF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Wilson Betemit - DH

Brian Roberts - 2B

Scott Feldman - RHP (11-9, 3.87 ERA)

[4-3, 4.56 ERA] (ORIOLES) OO [7-6, 3.46 ERA] (CUBS)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Ivan Nova - RHP (7-4, 3.14 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Archived