The 2013 New York Yankees

isestrex

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be that as it may,he's about the only ace (and Verlander) that didn't get clobbered today. Not a good day for number one pitchers.

Cain,Price,Dickey all got lit up and bad.

Strasburg, too.

I think CC will be fine as long as he stays healthy. The rest of that rotation though, not so impressed with. Pettitte will probably be solid, but how dependable is he at this point health-wise?

Strasburg, too.

I think CC will be fine as long as he stays healthy. The rest of that rotation though, not so impressed with. Pettitte will probably be solid, but how dependable is he at this point health-wise?

I have no doubt Pettitte will be good while he's there. I just don't think he pitches more than 100 innings.

Why no more than 100 IP? Will he be injured? He had 80 IP last year even though he missed all of July, August and most of September with a broken foot. And in his first start this year he went 8 innings. He may get 25-30 starts this year as long as he can avoid the DL.

I agree he had nice results. I was just pointing out that his velocity is still down. CC usually sits at 92 not touches 92.

I think as the weather heats up he may get some velocity back. But I liked what he did yesterday regardless. For 7 innings he held the Tigers to 4 singles; one was an infield hit. And Cabrera, Fielder and Martinez went 0 for 9.

Seems like every year is the year that age will catch up to the Yankees. Early in this season, among the 30 teams, NY is 2nd in runs scored, tied for 1st in HRs, and is 2nd in OPS and SLG. Cano's bat has come to life. Their reclamation projects are paying off. All they need to do is hold on until Jeter, Teixeira and Granderson return.

Seems like every year is the year that age will catch up to the Yankees. Early in this season, among the 30 teams, NY is 2nd in runs scored, tied for 1st in HRs, and is 2nd in OPS and SLG. Cano's bat has come to life. Their reclamation projects are paying off. All they need to do is hold on until Jeter, Teixeira and Granderson return.

That's what a 11 and 14 run game will do for you. Let's see how they do when they face a team besides Cleveland.

Yankees rained out for a second consecutive night in Cleveland. The Yankees don't come back to Cleveland this year so it will be interesting to see how this is handled. I don't know if the MLBPA would be okay with scheduling a double header on an off-day.

Nova and Hughes will both be skipped by the Yankees.

Archived