The 2013 New York Yankees

isestrex

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Overbay just went yard with one on against Dickey to put NY up 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th. They are looking for the 4-game sweep.

See I have mixed feeling. I hate the Yankees but Cito does suck.

(I would also love to see someone tagged with the "genius GM" tag fail spectacularly)

If this continues for the Jays' date=' how long would you give (if you were in charge) Manager John Gibbons before wielding the axe? Also how long do you think he will last in real life?[/quote']

The question might be how long does Anthopoulos get? He went all in and traded away most of one of the best farm systems in baseball for this team.

The question might be how long does Anthopoulos get? He went all in and traded away most of one of the best farm systems in baseball for this team.

Trying to remember how long AA has been GM of the jays. Atleast several years now. I suspect that if by early next year things are going the same, I think he'll be in danger of getting the axe.

• 2 weeks later...
Yankees get a little bit of help tonight in Colorado. Winning run scores with two outs in the top of the ninth on an infield single with the bases loaded. It was a bang-bang play, not anything close to an egregious error like the non-HR call in Cleveland tonight, but he looks to be out.

Just figures, you know? :bangwall:

Yeah, I mean the Yankees get special treatment but by itself, I can't complain as it doesn't get any more bang bang then that. Just wished the ump had said out.

When Boesch hit the grounder to Arenado, Arenado looked at 2B then double-clutched before throwing the ball to 1B. The ump ruled Boesch safe. Arenado said after the game that his bobble cost the team. "Obviously, if I get the ball out a little quicker, he's out."

The Yankees are surviving despite their injuries with a 6-1 one run record.
Hrm. Doesn't that sound familiar... :laughlol:

I am waiting for the National Media to come out and say how lucky the Yanks are and how unsustainable their success is.

Archived