The 2013 New York Yankees

isestrex

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yankees complete trade for Vernon Wells, Bombers send two minor leaguers to Angels for veteran outfielder

Wells tells reporters that he's 'quietly been a Yankees fan' since he was a 20-year-old minor leaguer and he played against Darryl Strawberry for the first time.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/officially-yankee-wells-smile-told-trade-article-1.1299565#ixzz2OgSkZer7

I read that article and it made me want to barf for numerous reasons. Here's hoping he has another great year like last year.

I read that article and it made me want to barf for numerous reasons. Here's hoping he has another great year like last year.

“Obviously not when we played against the Yankees, but every time or any time the Yankees were in the playoffs and I was sitting at home, I was cheering for the Yankees. This is somewhat of a dream come true.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/officially-yankee-wells-smile-told-trade-article-1.1299565#ixzz2Ojv0y98f

The Yankees line-up may have scored a lot of runs yesterday but that was worse than a AAA line-up.

Probably by design. Girardi has a lot of decisions to make regarding who he is taking north so he's trying to get some final looks at the question marks. Gardner was the only regular to start last night.

Probably by design. Girardi has a lot of decisions to make regarding who he is taking north so he's trying to get some final looks at the question marks. Gardner was the only regular to start last night.

Millions of Yankees fans cringed when you put "Girardi" in the same sentence as "decisions to make."

Yeah it's pretty amazing to look at some of his contract benefits and remember what everyone assumed he'd be doing right about now:

- $30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones ($6M each for reaching 660, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)

(he's at 647 right now)

Brett Gardner - CF wash Roberto Kelly

Eduardo Nunez - SS > Alvaro Espinoza

Robinson Cano - 2B > Steve Sax

Kevin Youkilis - 1B > Don Mattingly

Vernon Wells - LF wash Oscar Azocar/Mel Hall

Ben Francisco - DH < Steve Balboni

Ichiro Suzuki - RF < Jesse Barfield

Jayson Nix - 3B wash Jim Leyritz

Francisco Cervelli - C wash Bob Geren

C.C. Sabathia - P > Tim Leary

The 2013ers have a slight edge over the '90 team, but the 90s have all the intangibles. They gave bit parts to Deion Sanders, Steve Tolleson's dad, Alan Mills, Bam Bam Meulens, Jim "MLB's biggest Dead Milkmen Fan" Walewander, and Pascual "I once missed a start because I was lost on the Atlanta beltway" Perez.

Archived