Markakis said 2-3 wk recovery but docs said cud be 8-12 before he's totally symptom free

Greg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
split the difference and call it 10 weeks (no baseball activity), add three week rehab assignment and I have him returning to the lineup on 6/12

A couple of months of struggling with flare ups and not performing up to Nick's standards, surgical consults and then season ending surgery, mid September.

Surgical recovery for herniated disc is minimum 9 months... so returning to lineup just before all star break 2014.

Very disappointing.

I don't see Roberts or Reimold lasting past mid May.

O's will be starting 2-3 AAAA players.

Going to really struggle to score runs this year.

Reynolds will OPS 860 for Cleveland

This is exactly why this is such a serious injury. The acivity of swinging a bat is probably what caused the disk to herniate in the first place, so for the rest of his career playing baseball is a risk for aggravating the herniation. PT will be prescribed to strengthen the muscles but it would seem this is less likely to be helpful for a C4 C5 (neck) as opposed to a lumbar disc.

There is so much to argue with these posts that I will just say that the last statement in my opinion is the exact opposite of what is written. When hitting you keep your head still and get all of your power from your core. The power comes from loading and then unloading with the velocity transfered from the core through the arms to the point of contact with the bat and ball. But correct me if I am wrong.

Moral of the story is that he has a SMALL herniation. It could potentially bother him the rest of his career or he could be back to normal Nick on OD. Not even the doctors know for sure. I think what happened to Reimold last year is clouding too many judgements on Nick's injury.

There is so much to argue with these posts that I will just say that the last statement in my opinion is the exact opposite of what is written. When hitting you keep your head still and get all of your power from your core. The power comes from loading and then unloading with the velocity transfered from the core through the arms to the point of contact with the bat and ball. But correct me if I am wrong.

Moral of the story is that he has a SMALL herniation. It could potentially bother him the rest of his career or he could be back to normal Nick on OD. Not even the doctors know for sure. I think what happened to Reimold last year is clouding too many judgements on Nick's injury.

No disrespect to webbrick, but I trust your knowledge of this subject a lot more. My biggest worry about Nick is that he will be impatient and not let this heal as fully as it might before he starts playing again. But I still have every expectation he'll be playing on Opening Day. They caught this pretty early on.

I have chronic neck/back pain, and I'm in pain pretty much every hour of every day (yet my doctor refuses to have an x-ray done)...pain and numbness radiate from my neck down to my arms, shoulders, and legs, and that's just doing basic activities like standing, sleeping, and walking. I can't imagine having to play baseball at a high level with that kind of pain.

Pain that Nick doesn't have.

split the difference and call it 10 weeks (no baseball activity), add three week rehab assignment and I have him returning to the lineup on 6/12

A couple of months of struggling with flare ups and not performing up to Nick's standards, surgical consults and then season ending surgery, mid September.

Surgical recovery for herniated disc is minimum 9 months... so returning to lineup just before all star break 2014.

Very disappointing.

What if Mark only OPS' .680 and strikes out 200 times?

Very disappointing.

This is awesome! What a resource. A few questions. Do you see a volatility uptick in the next quarter? Did Matt Crawley really die? When do we get hover boards? How long will my hairline hold up? Yikes, I can't believe I can't think of anything better to ask......too much pressure on short notice!

Very disappointing.

Wow - are you trying for the Eeyore Award today?

Plan for the worst. Thats why the Orioles have 10+ SP candidates. And it is time for them to use one of those candidates to go get a legitimate bat that can help this lineup. They have a lot of flexibilty among their existing players to add a legitimate bat at a number of power positions.

Add in that this is all ANDY MACPHAIL'S fault and we should have gotten Hamilton for a 10 years 250 million Wow offer, Greinke even if his elbow is shot, and traded for Headley sending Bundy, Machado and a PTBL named Gausman along with giving Mark Teixeira a contract that even he says is insanely above his value and I would have sworn this is JTrea.:eek::rofl:

Know your memes.

b7a.png

I have chronic neck/back pain, and I'm in pain pretty much every hour of every day (yet my doctor refuses to have an x-ray done)...pain and numbness radiate from my neck down to my arms, shoulders, and legs, and that's just doing basic activities like standing, sleeping, and walking. I can't imagine having to play baseball at a high level with that kind of pain.

Sounds to me like you need a new doctor.

Archived