Mark Reynolds hits towering HR off of David Hernandez

Crazysilver03

Mark Reynolds blasted a mammoth home run off David Hernandez in a losing effort against the Diamondbacks on Friday.

While there was no measurement on the towering drive to center field, those who witnessed it were amazed by the distance. It was the third homer on the spring for Reynolds, who's hitting .350/.422/.700 with nine RBI this spring. Hitting in the middle of the Indians lineup, he has the ability to rack up large RBI totals and could return to fantasy prominence.

It is a shame there is no video for this.

We are going to miss this dude. That guy did everything that was asked from him, he turned into an awesome defender at first base and while he didn't have the best overall season last year, he killed the hell out of the Yankees when it really mattered which makes up for a lot of the rest of the down year in my book.

This guy will have a huge year and those who said we are better off without him will be eating crow.

We are going to miss this dude. That guy did everything that was asked from him, he turned into an awesome defender at first base and while he didn't have the best overall season last year, he killed the hell out of the Yankees when it really mattered which makes up for a lot of the rest of the down year in my book.

This guy will have a huge year and those who said we are better off without him will be eating crow.

This is how I feel as well, but hopefully DD and Buck are vindicated with solid defense at first and health/production from Reimold/Jackson/Pearce at a fraction of the cost. But considering how short Davis' track record is, as a batter and a defender, I'd feel much better with Reynolds in the fold. Not resigning Reynolds was the one move of the offseason I disagreed with. I really hope to be proven wrong.

Oh, you mean 40 homer guy? :leaving:

Yea the 40 home run guy that saw a lot of pitches, walked a ton and wouldn't hurt you too badly at third.

I miss him but the problem with him was he was homer or nothing,as were many of the O's. That came back to bite us in the ALDS last year.

That is not an accurate statement. Reynolds is a TTO guy, there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

I miss him but the problem with him was he was homer or nothing,as were many of the O's. That came back to bite us in the ALDS last year.

That's not true. His OBP is way higher than his batting average. If I'm not mistaken, he saw more pitches per plate appearance than anyone else. He's one of the few players in our lineup that had an idea of what to do at the plate. The guy had a down year, missed time and still hit 23 homers.

Archived