O's wanna move Ayala

Greg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wouldn't be the worst move the O's could make but he is a good reliever and doesn't make a whole lot (in the baseball world) so I don't see any reason to move him for nothing just to make room for guys like Hunter or McFarland. I'd rather Ayala than either of those two.

This wouldn't be the worst move the O's could make but he is a good reliever and doesn't make a whole lot (in the baseball world) so I don't see any reason to move him for nothing just to make room for guys like Hunter or McFarland. I'd rather Ayala than either of those two.

This is effectively last person in the bullpen, so why not go for younger and under longer control?

That's some lofty ideal! If you mean failed Domincan high bonus baby, then maybe yes, something like that, but not a real prospect. If DD gets a high upside low level prospect who hasn't failed yet, that would be grand larceny.

I said high upside not high probability of reaching said upside. I would rather get a roll the dice guy then a warm body.

That's some lofty ideal! If you mean failed Domincan high bonus baby, then maybe yes, something like that, but not a real prospect. If DD gets a high upside low level prospect who hasn't failed yet, that would be grand larceny.

Ayala is a proven major league pitcher and even though he won't bring back anything game changing I think he can land someone decent in the low minors.

Archived