Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The three people that I've been criticizing the most lately (JJ, Jones and TJ) were the keys to the victory. I'll gladly take a win with a side order of humble pie.

Wieters was 2-3 with a walk. Day of redemption I guess.

Although he ended up getting the save, specifically in the old JJ fashion, Buck still goes with his guy. I love Buck, but this is borderline insulting. I know it's an "if", but if JJ blows it today, is that enough for the skipper to pull the plug? Regardless, great outing JJ! Keep it up bud.

I just wanted to own up and say, I was wrong. Johnson's margin of error closed and he is no all-star this year. Interesting to me though, Koji Uehara is up for the final vote. Though we're just fine with Davis and Hunter. :D

JJ's number of saves wasnt the issue obviously. It was the # of blown saves. The fact that he is gonna stay home should tell all of his defenders who like to spread the blame on the rest of the team something.

Hopefully he uses this as motivation and continues to pitch like he did today. We havent seen enough of what he did today. We've seen the blown saves and a lot of shaky saves. If he continues to pitch like he did today it will eventually build up our confidence in him, but it will take a while since we have all those blown saves etched in memory.

The strange thing is, he was rolling along at the beginning of the season. This isn't like he came in from spring training out of sorts. He just lost his control at some point. He couldn't locate anything Friday. I think the all star break might do him good.

Guest rochester
Although he ended up getting the save, specifically in the old JJ fashion, Buck still goes with his guy. I love Buck, but this is borderline insulting. I know it's an "if", but if JJ blows it today, is that enough for the skipper to pull the plug? Regardless, great outing JJ! Keep it up bud.

Did anyone else notice Buck pacing the dugout refusing to look on the field during the inning?

The strange thing is, he was rolling along at the beginning of the season. This isn't like he came in from spring training out of sorts. He just lost his control at some point. He couldn't locate anything Friday. I think the all star break might do him good.

How about 4 or 5 saves going into the AS Break?

JJ's number of saves wasnt the issue obviously. It was the # of blown saves. The fact that he is gonna stay home should tell all of his defenders who like to spread the blame on the rest of the team something.

Hopefully he uses this as motivation and continues to pitch like he did today. We havent seen enough of what he did today. We've seen the blown saves and a lot of shaky saves. If he continues to pitch like he did today it will eventually build up our confidence in him, but it will take a while since we have all those blown saves etched in memory.

Motivation? You think he needs motivation? He's pitched in 44 games already. That puts him on track for 80 appearances this season. Last season he appeared in 71. What he needs is for the starting pitching and the offense to provide more wins that aren't save situations, so he can doesn't get fried.

Did anyone else notice Buck walking the dugout refusing to look on the field during the inning?

Then Buck and I think alike. I refused to watch today. When I failed to receive a slew of obnoxious texts from my many Yankee fan friends by 430, I jumped on MLB gameday to find that JJ had locked down the save. I couldn't believe he was right back in there. I hope we never have to find out when Buck reaches his point where enough is enough.

Archived