Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 10:32 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'll be content if the O's have a winning record against the Yankees and losing record against everyone else.

You spelled Red Sox wrong! ?

I hate them both, but I gotta root for the young Yanks over the privileged brats in Boston.

• 1 month later...

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/29)

Alex Cobb had been one of the hottest starting pitchers in baseball over his last 8 starts, compiling a 2.24 ERA over 52.33 Innings Pitched in that span.

However, the Blue Jays got to Cobb early, jumping out to a 4-0 lead after only 2 innings.

But then ........ Trey Mancini hit a solo home run to give the Orioles some life. Adam Jones hit his 2nd career grand slam home run ever to give the Orioles a 5-4 lead. John Andreoli used his speed to help the Orioles reclaim the lead after the Blue Jays had tied the game by motoring out an infield single, stealing 2nd base to get himself into scoring position, and then coming around to score on Robert Austin Wynn's long single.

The Orioles never relinquished the lead after that, claiming their first 3-game sweep of the 2018 season.

It was an exciting come-from-behind win on a day when their best starting pitcher had his first bad game in almost 2 months, and it was a (very rare) dominating series overall for the 2018 Orioles.

o

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 9/23)

Playing against a team that is desperately trying to hold off the Athletics for home-field advantage in the Wildcard playoff game, the Oriole overcame their starting pitcher having to depart the game after only 4 pitches (Alex Cobb) and a 3-0 deficit to win a game on the road.

The Orioles' bullpen, after spotting the Yankees 3 runs in the 1st inning, threw goose-eggs over the next 8 frames to defeat the New Yorkers.

o

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 9/23)

Playing against a team that is desperately trying to hold off the Athletics for home-field advantage in the Wildcard playoff game, the Oriole overcame their starting pitcher having to depart the game after only 4 pitches (Alex Cobb) and a 3-0 deficit to win a game on the road.

The Orioles' bullpen, after spotting the Yankees 3 runs in the 1st inning, threw goose-eggs over the next 8 frames to defeat the New Yorkers.

o

I don’t know, but I suspect the O’s had the fewest come from behind victories in baseball this year.   They’ve won 21 games where they were behind at some point, and they’ve lost 48 games where they had the lead at some point.    

The Red Sox have come from behind to win 47 times.   

7 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 9/23)

o

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I dont know, but I suspect that the O's had the fewest come-from-behind victories in baseball this year. Theyve won 21 games in which they were behind at some point, and theyve lost 48 games where they had the lead at some point.    

The Red Sox have come from behind to win 47 times so far this season.   

o

Yeah, the Orioles are last (or close to last) in many major categories this season, and come-from-behind wins has been one of them.

Regardless, I love when they do it whether they are 2 games out of 1st place or 62 games out of 1st place, especially against the Yankees.

o

From my point of view which is just watching the team play, the team spirit seems much better since so many players have come up from the minors.  I would imagine most players who are rookies are very excited to be here and now rookies/2nd year players have to number as many as the veterans. 

O's veterans: Jones, Joseph, Davis, Bundy (still a young guy), Cashner, Cobb, Trumbo (is he even still with the team?), Givens (a young guy).  There are other veterans but most are utility/platoon player types. 

Unlike Joseph, I blame most of this horrible season on players that "aren't happy" to be here.  Those who act like its a boring job and just going through the motions.  I believe most of these players are veterans.  I would like to get rid of all veterans in the offseason except Bundy (keep to increase trade value), Cobb (same reason), Givens and possibly Joseph.