Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

On 4/7/2018 at 12:44 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heart ........ you just gotta poke around.

o

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/08)

I'm speechless.

o

• 1 month later...

o

(vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

The Orioles gave up 6 runs (5 earned) in the first 2 innings.

The offense came alive, the bullpen stepped up, and the Orioles won the game by a score of 11-6.

o

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

The offense came alive, the bullpen stepped up, and the Orioles won the game by a score of 11-6.

o

Inspiring, yes. Makes you wonder, though, is anybody dancing now?

14 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

o

After the game on Sunday, A's manager Bob Melvin commented that the Orioles were a team with an explosive offense, led by a great manager.  He said he was just glad the Orioles got out of town before they got hot.

After these three games against KC, it looks like Melvin knew a little something.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

o

(vs. BRAVES, 6/22)

As disgusted as I was to see Britton blow a 4-run lead in the 9th inning, I was thrilled to see that game-saving play when Jonathan Schoop threw Freddie Freeman out at home plate to keep the Orioles alive.

And at that point the Orioles were still in dire straits, as the Braves had the potential game-winning run at 3rd base with only one out ........ but Darren O'Day came in to get a Strikeout, and Intentional Walk, and Flyout to strand the runner at 3rd.

o

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. BRAVES, 6/22)

As disgusted as I was to see Britton blow a 4-run lead in the 9th inning, I was thrilled to see that game-saving play when Jonathan Schoop threw Freddie Freeman out at  home plate to keep the Orioles alive.

And at that point the Orioles were still in dire straits, as the Braves had the potential game-winning run at 3rd base with only one out ........ but Darren O'Day came in to get a Strikeout, and Intentional Walk, and Flyout to strand the runner at 3rd.

o

Castro with 3 shut out innings and Wilkerson with a great charge and throw at 3rd too.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. BRAVES, 6/22)

As disgusted as I was to see Britton blow a 4-run lead in the 9th inning, I was thrilled to see that game-saving play when Jonathan Schoop threw Freddie Freeman out at home plate to keep the Orioles alive.

o

9 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Castro with 3 shut out innings, and Wilkerson with a great charge and throw at 3rd Base, too.

o

Castro was SCREAMING WITH EXUBERANCE after Gentry made that catch in front of the wall to end the 12th inning.

The team may have a horrible record, but they are busting their asses trying to win games.

o

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 7/09))))))))) [GAME ONE]

The Yankees jumped on Jimmy Yacabonis early in the game, plating 3 runs in the first 2 innings.

Yacabonis hung in there, throwing back-to-back shutout innings in the 4th and 5th frames to keep the Orioles reasonably close, while Mark Trumbo clouted a 2-run home run in the bottom of the 4th to close the gap to 1 run.

Mike Wright came in and ceded a run in his first inning of work in the 6th ........ but Danny Valencia promptly swatted a 3-run home run in the bottom half of the inning to give the Orioles a 5-4 lead.

Wright settled down to blank the Yankees in the 7th, and Michael Givens and Zach Britton came in and closed the door on the Highlanders in the 8th and 9th innings, respectively. 

Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heart ....... you just gotta poke around. 

o

20 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Yankees jumped on Jimmy Yacabonis early in the game, plating 3 runs in the first 2 innings.

Yacabonis hung in there, throwing back-to-back shutout innings in the 4th and 5th frames to keep the Orioles reasonably close, while Mark Trumbo clouted a 2-run home run in the bottom of the 4th to close the gap to 1 run.

Mike Wright came in and ceded a run in his first inning of work in the 6th ........ but Danny Valencia promptly swatted a 3-run home run in the bottom half of the inning to give the Orioles a 5-4 lead.

Wright settled down to blank the Yankees in the 7th, and Michael Givens and Zach Britton came in and closed the door on the Highlanders in the 8th and 9th innings, respectively. 

o

o

Valencia’s 3-Run Homer Powers O’s Past Yankees, 5-4

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/07/valencias-three-run-homer-powers-os-past-yankees-5-4.html

o

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

These O's have the fire and competitiveness of a dead fish, sorry.

o

At-large they do, as is evidenced by their having the worst record in the Major Leagues this season.

However, when they show fire and competitiveness in an individual game (especially against the Yankees), I take the time to express a (very rare) case of fandom joy for myself in the 2018 season.

o

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2018 at 7:20 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

(vs. YANKEES, 7/10)

Another thrilling, come-from-behind win against the Yankees. ))) :skeletor:

o

• Like 1