Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

On 5/10/2013 at 11:51 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

The Orioles were losing by a score of 5-1, heading into the bottom of the 6th inning.

They won the game by a score of 6-5.

These O's have heart ........ ya just gotta poke around.

o

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Huge comback tonight. Manny. Davis scooping balls. JJ with the bunt, and that bullpen. Sick. 

We have that "it" factor. 

I saw some criticism of the bunt decision in the game thread, but to me, that was about the perfect situation for it -- down by one, late innings, home game, runner on second nobody out, weak hitter at the plate, better hitters coming up.    And Hardy really did lay down a beauty.   

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Some great at bats in game 2 of the series.  Seth Smith, Wellington Castillo, Hyun-Soo Kim.  Mark Trumbo with good baserunning.

Smith is a damn good hitter man

And beautiful swing on that single. 

The Smith trade is looking real good so far. He has a better arm than I thought.

I've been really impressed with Castillo behind the plate. He looks like he presents a good low target. I also like how he seems to be constantly communicating with the pitchers.

On a side note, Trumbo looks faster. He really got down the line to beat out that dp.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Huge win. Kim, Flaherty and Smith all with walks. The big bats need to see that you don't need 4 hits in an inning or a homer to score runs. 

Davis walked twice and Machado walked once. Are they "big bats"?

12 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

o

Huge win. Kim, Flaherty, and Smith all with walks. The big bats need to see that you don't need 4 hits in an inning or a homer to score runs. 

o

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

o

Davis walked twice, and Machado walked once. Are they "big bats"?

o

o

In addition to his 2 walks, Davis started it all in the 11th and final inning with a lead-off single.

It was small-ball night for the big man.

o