Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

As a guy on an Orioles message board with a Jerry Garcia avatar - the intersection of those two worlds in this thread is a constant delight to me.

I think that they should play that song at Oriole Park every time that the Orioles come from behind to win a game.

With a slight adjustment to the chorus: ) Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heeeeeeeaaaaart ...... you just gotta poke around.

o

I just called the Orioles' public relations department, and sent them an email.

This was the letter that I just sent to them:

Hi. My name is Patrick Colon. I am from Brewster, NY, and I have been an Oriole fan since October of 1971, when I was a 6 year-old boy.

I have a suggestion for a song to be played at OPACY in games in which the Orioles come from behind to win.

The name of the song is "Shakedown Street" by the Grateful Dead.

In the lyrics, it says, "Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart. You just gotta poke around."

I was thinking about a slight change to, "Don't tell me THESE O's ain't got no heart. You just gotta poke around."

Here is the video of the song:

I understand that there are legalities/copyright details that you may need to address if you should decide to use this song and make the slight change to the chorus. Either way, I think that it's a great song, and it would be very fitting if it was played in games in which the Orioles came from behind to win.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Patrick Colon (Oriole Fan From New York)

I always wondered why your avatar was Bruce Villanch. :)

Ouch! Maybe I should have went with a younger picture of Jerry - he was looking pretty shaky his last few years.

In an realted note - your avatar bears a striking resemblance to Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh:

Phil_Lesh_Net_Worth.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUQNqcz7usImTjxFUc_UqH76WVPLcPhoBuLo7ssbccEs-rGaKsOA

o

I just called the Orioles' public relations department, and sent them an email.

This was the letter that I just sent to them:

Hi. My name is Patrick Colon. I am from Brewster, NY, and I have been an Oriole fan since October of 1971, when I was a 6 year-old boy.

I have a suggestion for a song to be played at OPACY in games in which the Orioles come from behind to win.

The name of the song is "Shakedown Street" by the Grateful Dead.

In the lyrics, it says, "Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart. You just gotta poke around."

I was thinking about a slight change to, "Don't tell me THESE O's ain't got no heart. You just gotta poke around."

Here is the video of the song:

I understand that there are legalities/copyright details that you may need to address if you should decide to use this song and make the slight change to the chorus. Either way, I think that it's a great song, and it would be very fitting if it was played in games in which the Orioles came from behind to win.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Patrick Colon (Oriole Fan From New York)

You have my full support for this important cause!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, 6/01)

How many people thought that the Orioles would win this game when the Red Sox went ahead by a score of 7-5 in the 3rd inning ???

Way to go, Orioles.

(vs. RED SOX, 6/01)

How many people thought that the Orioles would win this game when the Red Sox went ahead by a score of 7-5 in the 3rd inning ???

Way to go, Orioles.

48 hours ago, the Orioles were reeling from a 2nd consecutive loss to the Red Sox.

The Red Sox will sweep," some said.

"We'll be lucky to win a single game," said some.

NIX, NIX !!!

The Orioles returned the favor to the Bostonians by winning the final 2 games of the series, and by bombarding Red Sox pitching for 25 runs in those games.

Don't tell me these O's aint got no heart ...... you just gotta poke around.

(vs. RED SOX, 6/01)

Way to go, Orioles.

48 hours ago, the Orioles were reeling from a 2nd consecutive loss to the Red Sox.

The Red Sox will sweep," some said.

"We'll be lucky to win a single game," said some.

NIX, NIX !!!

The Orioles returned the favor to the Bostonians by winning the final 2 games of the series, and by bombarding Red Sox pitching for 25 runs in those games.

Don't tell me these O's aint got no heart ...... you just gotta poke around.

(vs. YANKEES, 6/03)

A 3rd consecutive come-from-behind win.

How many people thought that the Orioles would win when the Yankees went ahead by a score of 5-2 in the 6th inning ???

(vs. YANKEES, 6/03)

How many people thought that the Orioles would win when the Yankees went ahead by a score of 5-2 in the 6th inning ???

I didn't think it was over but I was more pissed off than usual. I hate losing to the Yankees that much. What a great win tonight. That was a nice comeback. Tillman needs to pitch better. I thought Wieters should have came out and tried to calm him down but it's whatever. We won.

• Upvote 1

(vs. YANKEES, 6/03)

This guy. Never been one to throw in the towel. Ever since I was a t the hoiles perfect slam game as a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk