Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care

Going Underground

I agree 100%. All the sanctimonious crap on this post based on zero information if internet blather. For all we know the guy that got hurt was the problem. I'm not judging the two guys in jail and I'm not judging the guy in the Yankees hat because I don't know what happened. Unlike a lot of people making judgements on incomplete information that fits their world view, why don't we all shut up and let the authorities figure it all out.

I don't know, maybe because it's a message board and people are giving their opinions?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna be non conventional here and state what should be obvious; don't wear your gear to another teams ballparks.

Whoa, I've got tickets to the Orioles-Astros games at Minute Maid next week...so don't be proud of my favorite team

and leave my O's 1966 cap and Ripken jersey at home? Do I not (politely) cheer and clap when Crush hits one out either? Your "obvious" really doesn't make sense.

And this is the reason I never leave the house without my gun. Ever. I value the safety of my family and friends over the safety of some douche with beer balls.

So you would have shot them for throwing a beer at you? Anyway a bad situation if the guy hadn't been on a second date he probably would have just called an usher. Instead he challenged the guys who most likely weren't trying to injure him. Sad events...hopefully the guy recovers.

So you would have shot them for throwing a beer at you? Anyway a bad situation if the guy hadn't been on a second date he probably would have just called an usher. Instead he challenged the guys who most likely weren't trying to injure him. Sad events...hopefully the guy recovers.

You don't shoot them. You just show them the gun. And then I guarantee they will run away like the pansy girls they are.

They are scared of a lawsuit and don't want to say anything incriminating. Can't blame them.

I can't blame them either, although I think it's less fear of a lawsuit - I'd expect that at least one lawsuit gets filed related to this no matter how things turn out. But so far, the only information I've seen has come from the friends and family of the gentleman who was severely injured. I'm not advocating violence nor throwing anything in this kinda situation, and this story may in fact be 100% true, but until there's some official confirmation of the sequence of events, I would be doing exactly as they are and reserving judgement.

I agree 100%. All the sanctimonious crap on this post based on zero information if internet blather. For all we know the guy that got hurt was the problem. I'm not judging the two guys in jail and I'm not judging the guy in the Yankees hat because I don't know what happened. Unlike a lot of people making judgements on incomplete information that fits their world view, why don't we all shut up and let the authorities figure it all out.

As a lawyer, I'd be the first to say that (1) a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and (2) the media often don't give an accurate or balanced account of events. That said, we know what the victim's girlfriend says, we know that there were dozens of witnesses to whatever happened

, and we know the police decided they had enough evidence to arrest these guys for pretty serious criminal offenses. I think that's enough to give us a basis for comment based on the newspaper account, even if none of us witnessed the events in question.

Whoa, I've got tickets to the Orioles-Astros games at Minute Maid next week...so don't be proud of my favorite team

and leave my O's 1966 cap and Ripken jersey at home? Do I not (politely) cheer and clap when Crush hits one out either? Your "obvious" really doesn't make sense.

All I am saying is that this world isn't what it was 25 years ago. I'm praying he recovers quickly and fully but isn't it always the same story with the same circumstances; opposition team fan, alcohol involved, late in the game, security insufficient etc.

I'm not going to even bother trying to explain anything to you. I just want to say, the first sentence you wrote is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, or read in my life. I'd like to say that I'm stunned that you would write that, but I've read enough of your posts to know better.

Archived