Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care

Going Underground

Some people act like fools. It's a baseball game. I was at the game and never saw it.

A 25-year-old Hagerstown man suffered skull fractures and is in intensive care at Maryland Shock Trauma after being assaulted at Wednesday's Orioles game, police said.

Two men have been charged in connection with the attack ? Gregory Fleischman, 22, of Jarrettsville, and Michael Bell, 21, of Annapolis. Police said Bell threw a beer at Matthew Fortese, 25, and when Fortese approached them, he was punched and fell over a concrete barrier.

Fortese's brother, Jimmy, said Fortese lost consciousness and stopped breathing. An off-duty Maryland state trooper in the crowd performed CPR and revived him.

"It's very serious," Jimmy Fortese said of his brother's condition. "They're not saying he's out of the woods yet. They tell us we have to wait and see."

Matthew Fortese was on a date with another couple, and was wearing a Yankees hat, his brother said. The two men had been throwing things throughout the game, and Matthew and his date were eventually hit with a full beer.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-orioles-game-assault-20130531,0,511562.story

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand the Yankees as much as the next guy, but this is totally uncalled for.

I hope this means the two mean will do time.

Good thing the cop was there to administer CPR.

This type of thing should NEVER EVER happen

Probably not alcohol related I'm sure.

Right, but you know what - They're going to blame it on the alcohol, but even if you're wasted, ya gotta be a real low-life to do something like that over a baseball game.

These guys need to be behind bars for several years. And where were the ushers in all this? They bother fans over small stuff, then don't interefere when guys are throwing things all game long and then throw a full beer?

Archived