2013 Orioles Draft Tracker

Three more in the fold. I do wish they would release the $.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Orioles have come to terms with 3 draft picks: 1B Trey Mancini (round 8), C Austin Wynns (round 10) & OF Mike Yastrzemski (round 14).</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's something kind of sad about the fact that the O's were able to sign Jeff Kemp for $2500. I'm sure he's thrilled to be playing pro ball and all, but $2500 won't even buy a used car these days.

Not sad, really. That is his signing bonus. He will also get paid a salary to play baseball. I'd say he is pretty happy right now.

Not sad, really. That is his signing bonus. He will also get paid a salary to play baseball. I'd say he is pretty happy right now.

Minor leaguers really don't make that much at all, & of course depends on which level you start at as well as if a signing bonus is included.

2010 salary averages but I believe it's not much different now & the new CBA has actually restricted signing bonuses lower.

How much money do Minor League Baseball Players make / get paid?

Usually when someone is asking how much money do Minor League Baseball Players make / get paid, they are wondering about their monthly salary. Almost everyone knows about "The Draft" and you hear stories about signing bonuses, but after that, really how much money do Minor League Baseball Players make / get paid?

Standard 7 Year Minor League Contract:

The Standard 7 Year Minor League Contract consist of a pay scale for each level of the minor leagues plus an incentives package. As of 2010 the pay scale for most players is as follows:

All wages are based on first year participation. Each additional year of service at each level adds more money.

How much money do Minor League Baseball Players make / get paid a month?

[TABLE]

<tbody> [TR]

[TD]Level [/TD]

[TD]1st Year [/TD]

[TD]2nd Year [/TD]

[TD]3rd Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rookie[/TD]

[TD]$1150 [/TD]

[TD]$1200 [/TD]

[TD]$1250 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Short Season A[/TD]

[TD]$1150[/TD]

[TD]$1200 [/TD]

[TD]$1250 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Low A[/TD]

[TD]$1300 [/TD]

[TD]$1350 [/TD]

[TD]$1400[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]High A[/TD]

[TD]$1500 [/TD]

[TD]$1550 [/TD]

[TD]$1600 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Double A[/TD]

[TD]$1700[/TD]

[TD]$1800 [/TD]

[TD]$1900 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Triple A[/TD]

[TD]$2150 [/TD]

[TD]$2400 [/TD]

[TD]$2700 [/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody> [/TABLE]

The incentives include:

$500 bonus after 60 days in Double A time.

$1000 bonus after 60 days Triple A time.

$5000 bonus after 60 days Big League time.

All minor league players recieve $20 meal money per day that the team is away from home. Not including the off season.

Minor League Baseball Players do not get paid during Spring Training. They only receive $20 for every meal the team doesn't provide. Some teams provide all meals which means the players get paid nothing, while some teams don't provide dinner.

Therefore those players would get $140 a week for meal money. There aren't many other things to consider when determining how much money Minor League Baseball Players make / get paid besides the signing bonus. But that is just a one time payment and varies very much depending on where a player was drafted.

There's something kind of sad about the fact that the O's were able to sign Jeff Kemp for $2500. I'm sure he's thrilled to be playing pro ball and all, but $2500 won't even buy a used car these days.

I was surprised by that number too. What is the lowest anyone has ever signed for before?

Probably a bus ticket to where the team was playing.

Someone on the Cardinals' 25 man signed for 10K.

You are local and we like you. But we are not signing all our draftees. Can't really pay you much but you sign this, you get one of the slots.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Os have announced 2 more signings: Steven Brault (11) and James Yacabonis 13. Both will report to Aberdeen. Thats 10 the Orioles have annced</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chance Sisco, picked 61st overall, is out of Corona, Calif. Just began playing catcher last season. 6-foot-2, left-handed hitter.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

As a 33rd round senior sign, he's considered an organizational filler guy. That $2500 was pretty good considering a lot of guys use to get $1000. 33rd round picks do not go into pro ball for the money. They go in to live the dream of playing professional baseball and to get a shot at fulfilling a dream a lot of us never got the opportunity to do so. Kemp will need to get hot quick because as a 33rd pick, he's only a hot shot top draft pick next year away from getting released. That's just the nature of the business, but either way, he will get an opportunity to be a professional baseball player and gets to play for the home town Orioles to boot.

That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

As a 33rd round senior sign, he's considered an organizational filler guy. That $2500 was pretty good considering a lot of guys use to get $1000. 33rd round picks do not go into pro ball for the money. They go in to live the dream of playing professional baseball and to get a shot at fulfilling a dream a lot of us never got the opportunity to do so. Kemp will need to get hot quick because as a 33rd pick, he's only a hot shoit top draft pick next year away from getting released. That's just the nature of the business, but either way, he will get an opportunity to be a professional baseball player and gets to play for the home town Orioles to boot.

That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

As a middle infielder, he could possibly live it for a while. What fun.

Archived