The Astros' Owner and G.M. Have Long-Term Plans

OFFNY

o

(GAME FIVE, ALDS)

It's "Allen" vs. "Alan" in regard to the middle names of the respective starting pitchers of each team.

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

Austin Meadows - LF

Thomas James "T.J." Pham - DH

최지만 - 1B

Travis d'Arnaud - C

Eric Sogard - 2B

Avisail Antonio Garcia Yaguarin - RF

Joseph Patrick "J.P." Wendle - 3B

Kevin James "K.J." Kiermaier - CF

Willy Rafael Luna Adames - SS

Tyler Allen Glasnow - RHP )) (6-1, 1.78 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Chelston Springer III - CF

Michael Charles Brantley, Jr. - LF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Alexander Davis "A.D." Bregman - 3B

Yordan Alvarez - DH

Yuliesky Gurriel Castillo - 1B

Carlos Javier Correa Oppenheimer - SS

William Joshua Reddick - RF

Martin Benjamin Maldonado Valdes - C

Gerrit Alan Cole - RHP )) (20-5, 2.50 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the Major Leagues Leagues in Strikeouts (326), Strikeouts-Per-9 Innings (13.818), and ERA+ (185), and Led the American League in ERA (2.50) and FIP (2.64)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups?q=%2Flineups

o

o

(ALCS, Game Two)

Justin Verlander is pitching this game of 4 days' rest, after having a bad game on 3 days' rest when manager AJ Hinch went for the kill against the D-Rays in  Game 4 of the ALDS.

In 4 consecutive starts down the stretch between September 3rd and September 21st, James Paxton had an 0.36 ERA with an 0.689 WHIP, wracking up 29 Strikeouts with only 6 Walks over 24.67 Innings Pitched. ) O.o ) He did give up 2 Runs in only 1 Inning Pitched in his final start of the regular season after that on September 27th, but that was after the Yankees had already locked up the #2 overall seed and were setting their pitching rotation up for the upcoming post-season.

NEW YORK YANKEES

David John "A.J." LeMahieu - 1B

Aaron James "A.J." Judge - RF

Gleyber David Torres Castro - 2B

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

Brett Gardner - CF

Gary Sanchez - C

Giovanny Urshela - 3B

Cameron Maybin - LF

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

James Alston Paxton - LHP )) (15-6, 3.82 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Chelston Springer III - RF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Yordan Alvarez - DH

Robinson David Chirinos Gonzalez - C

Jacob Marisnick - CF

Justin Brooks "J.B." Verlander - RHP )) (21-6, 2.58 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the Major Leagues in Wins (21), WHIP (0.803), Innings Pitched (223), Hits Ceded Per 9 Innings (5.529), and Games Started (34), and Led the National League in WHIP (7.143)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

In 4 consecutive starts down the stretch between September 3rd and September 21st, James Paxton had an 0.36 ERA with an 0.689 WHIP, wracking up 29 Strikeouts with only 6 Walks over 24.67 Innings Pitched. ) O.o ) He did give up 2 Runs in only 1 Inning Pitched in his final start of the regular season after that on September 27th, but that was after the Yankees had already locked up the #2 overall seed and were setting their pitching rotation up for the upcoming post-season.

o

o

Paxton had to alter his delivery after the Astros picked up on a "tell" earlier this season ........ we saw the Astros take advantage of Tyler Glasnow tipping his pitches in the 5th and deciding game of the ALCS on Thursday night.

Astros, Who Picked Up on tipped Pitches in ALDS Game 5, Have a Similar History with Yankees' James Paxton

(By R.J. Anderson)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-who-picked-up-on-tipped-pitches-in-alds-game-5-have-a-similar-history-with-yankees-james-paxton/

o

6 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(ALCS, Game Two)

Justin Verlander is pitching this game of 4 days' rest, after having a bad game on 3 days' rest when manager AJ Hinch went for the kill against the D-Rays in  Game 4 of the ALDS.

o

It's gud ta be da Verlander!

kate_upton_bikini_popsicle_wet_tshirt_gq

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Astros' Josh Reddick Set for ALCS Starting Debut in Game 3

(By Brian T. Smith)

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Josh-Reddick-set-for-ALCS-starting-debut-14521551.php

o

o

(ALCS, Game Three)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Chelston Springer III - CF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Yordan Alvarez - DH

William Joshua Reddick - RF

Martin Benjamin Maldonado Valdes - C

Gerrit Alan Cole - RHP )) (20-5, 2.50 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the Major Leagues Leagues in Strikeouts (326), Strikeouts-Per-9 Innings (13.818), and ERA+ (185), and Led the American League in ERA (2.50) and FIP (2.64)

NEW YORK YANKEES

Brett Gardner - LF

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

Gary Sanchez - C

Giovanny Urshela - 3B

Aaron Hicks - CF

Luis Severino - RHP )) (1-1, 1.50 ERA)

o

On 10/13/2019 at 5:51 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(ALCS, Game Two)

Justin Verlander is pitching this game of 4 days' rest, after having a bad game on 3 days' rest when manager AJ Hinch went for the kill against the D-Rays in  Game 4 of the ALDS.

o

o

4 Days Later ........

This series is reminding me of the 2010 ALCS between the Rangers and the Yankees ......... after splitting the first 2 games of that series in Texas, the Rangers came back to take both Games 3 and 4 in front of hostile crowds at Yankees Stadium. The Yankees would avoid elimination by winning Game 5, but then were beaten decisively in Game 6 back in Texas.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2010_ALCS.shtml

o

I think that as always, there are some fans that cross the line.  Hate to see that, because it is totally unnecessary.  At the end of the day, Zack Greinke has overcome a lot to have an excellent career and will very likely go to the Hall of Fame.  I am not sure what those taunting fans will accomplish in their lives, but I am willing to bet it will be much less. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:26 AM, OFFNY said:

On 10/18/2019 at 8:23 AM, JR Oriole said:

I think that as always, there are some fans that cross the line. I hate to see that, because it is totally unnecessary. At the end of the day, Zack Greinke has overcome a lot to have an excellent career and will very likely go to the Hall of Fame. I am not sure what those taunting fans will accomplish in their lives, but I am willing to bet it will be much less. 

o

Yeah, all fan-bases have their ignorant, insensitive followers. Some teams seem to have more than others.

I agree that very few (if any) of them have much positive influence going on in their lives. Perhaps they need to be reminded that ultimately, the players and coaches on those teams wouldn't give them the time of day if and when their taunting/heckling got them into confrontations and trouble with fans of other teams ........ I always think back to December of 2009, when a woman who was a Yankee fan intentionally ran over (and killed) a Red Sox fan in New England after arguing with a group of them in a bar. Now, she is going to spend the better part of her life in prison, and the Yankee players on that team (Derek Jeter, Alex Rogriguez, Mark Teixeira, CC Sabathia, Brett Gardner, etc) couldn't give a rat's ass about her.

New York Yankees Fan Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Hitting, Killing Red Sox Fan with Car

(Associated Press)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/new-york-yankees-fan-convicted-second-degree-murder-hitting-killing-red-sox-fan-car-article-1.169404

Image result for Yankee fan runs over and kills Red Sox fans with car Ivonne Hernandez

o

o

(ALCS, Game Five)

Justin Verlander will again be pitching this game of 4 days' rest ........ 2 starts ago, he had a bad game on 3 days' rest when manager AJ Hinch went for the kill against the D-Rays in  Game 4 of the ALDS.

The Yankees are hoping that James Paxton can emulate his 4 consecutive starts down the stretch between September 3rd and September 21st, when had an 0.36 ERA with an 0.689 WHIP, wracking up 29 Strikeouts with only 6 Walks over 24.67 Innings Pitched. ) O.o

NEW YORK YANKEES

Giancarlo Cruz-Michael Stanton - DH

Aaron Hicks - CF

Gary Sanchez - C

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

Giovanny Urshela - 3B

Brett Gardner - LF

James Alston Paxton - LHP )) (15-6, 3.82 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Chelston Springer III - RF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Yordan Alvarez - DH

Robinson David Chirinos Gonzalez - C

Jacob Marisnick - CF

Justin Brooks "J.B." Verlander - RHP )) (21-6, 2.58 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the Major Leagues in Wins (21), WHIP (0.803), Innings Pitched (223), Hits Ceded Per 9 Innings (5.529), and Games Started (34), and Led the National League in WHIP (7.143)

o

On 10/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Yeah, all fan-bases have their ignorant, insensitive followers. Some teams seem to have more than others.

I agree that very few (if any) of them have much positive influence going on in their lives. Perhaps they need to be reminded that ultimately, the players and coaches on those teams wouldn't give them the time of day if and when their taunting/heckling got them into confrontations and trouble with fans of other teams ........ I always think back to December of 2009, when a woman who was a Yankee fan intentionally ran over (and killed) a Red Sox fan in New England after arguing with a group of them in a bar. Now, she is going to spend the better part of her life in prison, and the Yankee players on that team (Derek Jeter, Alex Rogriguez, Mark Teixeira, CC Sabathia, Brett Gardner, etc) couldn't give a rat's ass about her.

New York Yankees Fan Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Hitting, Killing Red Sox Fan with Car

(Associated Press)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/new-york-yankees-fan-convicted-second-degree-murder-hitting-killing-red-sox-fan-car-article-1.169404

Image result for Yankee fan runs over and kills Red Sox fans with car Ivonne Hernandez

o

Bloody hail the way some fans act its like they're getting a paycheck in the mail for watching the games? Its the reason I never get into debates with strangers over sports.  If we both like the same team then I'll talk with them then other wise I'm just a spectator.

4 minutes ago, KylOriole Ren said:

Bloody hail the way some fans act its like they're getting a paycheck in the mail for watching the games? Its the reason I never get into debates with strangers over sports.  If we both like the same team then I'll talk with them then other wise I'm just a spectator.

Honestly I'd rather talk to informed fans of other teams than casual Oriole fans.

Of course I've never been threatened with violence over baseball.

• Upvote 1