Will Angelos pay for an arm, or is it business as usual

Miamiorioles

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angelos still has spent no money on this team even though the stands have fans and MASN is making him millions. Shouldn't we as fans expect more? They wouldn't even sign Saunders. We need Lee!

Why would the Phillies trade Lee? They are in the hunt for 2nd place, and about to overtake our beloved Nationals.

Angelos still has spent no money on this team even though the stands have fans and MASN is making him millions. Shouldn't we as fans expect more? They wouldn't even sign Saunders. We need Lee!

1- Payroll is up about 8 million over 2012

2- Would Saunders even be that big an improvement?

3- Amaro has stated repeatedly that Lee is not on the block

4- After watching him run this team from 2000-2013 why would you expect more from him? It isn't 1997 anymore.

I have no confidence in Angelos to do the right thing, none. Zero.

However, I think Buck and DD are as good a team as they come. I have faith they can convince him. You shouldn't have to convince him, but we all know how things work with him.

My point exactly. Angelos is still a negative. The yanks, sox,angels will go out and get what they need at the break. Not sure DD and Buck have any pull when it comes to petey's wallet.

Agreed....I don't see a trade happening... Just based on the following... Chen, Wada, Reimold and Roberts will all be going to rehab soon and Betemit in the wings ....

My point exactly. Angelos is still a negative. The yanks, sox,angels will go out and get what they need at the break. Not sure DD and Buck have any pull when it comes to petey's wallet.

Please use proper sentences with capitalization when you post. Here. Thanks.

O's are still hoping a rotation of Hammel/Tillman/Chen/Gonzalez/Wada rounds into form going into the 2nd half.

Throw Zach in that mix. Plus Freddy as a frustratingly crafty arm in there somewhere. You could make an argument that any likely deal could simply be a lateral move in terms of on the field results.

Archived