Marlins Trying to Trade Nolasco ASAP

luismatos4prez

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see us landing him, Marlins will have a big selection of prospects from other clubs that will have better sweeteners for the deal. I don't want to give up Schoop for this guy. If we can give them any of Arrieta, Matusz, Britton or a lower level pitcher then sure. I just don't see any of the "calvery" guys having much value anymore.

I'm interested, but I'm not giving up the farm for Nolasco. He's more of a junkball guy now as his fastball is hit pretty hard. I'd be willing to move say a Avery/Hoes-type of guy and a Wright/Arrieta kind of guy for him. I'm not moving any of these guys (Gausman, Bundy, Delmonico, ERod, Hader, Davies, Walker).

I'm interested, but I'm not giving up the farm for Nolasco. He's more of a junkball guy now as his fastball is hit pretty hard. I'd be willing to move say a Avery/Hoes-type of guy and a Wright/Arrieta kind of guy for him. I'm not moving any of these guys (Gausman, Bundy, Delmonico, ERod, Hader, Davies, Walker).

Completely agree, right down to the players named as trade bait. Nolasco would be an innings-eater at the very least, and who knows, maybe a winning atmosphere lights a fire under him and we catch lightning in a bottle.

I do wonder if the Marlins' blatant eagerness to move him is a red flag - I know nothing about Nolasco aside from stats. Maybe there's something we don't know?

I don't even think the O's can get someone like this. We just don't have any pieces and too many clubs have better pieces. The farm is still bad, and our young tradeable pitchers have all tanked. Literally all of them.

The only thing that could help the O's here is to eat the rest of the money on Nolasco deal. Some teams don't wanna eat the 6 or 7 million left.

I'm not sure what to think of Nolasco. If you look at him on FanGraphs he looks like a pretty good pitcher. FIPs and xFIPs and SIERAs under 4.00 all the time. Good K/BB/HR data.

But every single year he underperforms his peripherals. I guess some of that could be his team. But every year? If he's a 4.50 ERA guy in a pitcher's park in the NL East I shudder to think what he'd be in OPACY. Over 5.00, easy. But maybe that's mitigated by the O's better defense. I wouldn't expect him to pitch any better here than in Florida, and I'm not giving up much for a 4.50 ERA guy. Tony's suggestion is about all I'd do, especially since he's being paid like a 2.5 win pitcher and he's a free agent in four months.

The problem is that the Orioles have 2 legit trade pieces, yet they don't want to trade them... and for a team that wants to make a trade, if you're not going to offer anything other teams want, they'll just laugh at the offer and put down the phone.

If the Orioles really want to salvage the year and get the must needed SP, they need to give up value to get value. Nobody wants C level prospects or former prospects.

Archived