Roberts Trade News Thread

McLovin

Geez, sorry. It was a post from someone else. Roch posted the response above the one I was trying to attribute to him. I'll delete my post.

No problem. I was just trying to find it. If Roch made such a claim it'd have more weight than some other poster like myself, that's all.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I joked about it earlier, in this thread or another one, but it may indeed be time to give everyone a break from the hangout, a forced "breather", by taking it offline and pulling the plug on the server for a spell, until tomorrow....

I know it won't happen, but it strikes me as not a bad thing...

This frenzy over trading, the BRob issue.....whew, everyone needs to take a DEEP breath and step back from the O's for a minute. Step away and do something else for awhile. Work out, go get a pizza and a beer, watch a movie with the wife/hubby/girl/boyfriend.

Do some actual work. :D

The O's will still be here when you come back, OH will still be alive and well. And hey, there might actually be an official final trade to pillage or praise.

Just my 10 cents worth.....

Well, it'll take me about an hour and a half to get home from work today, does that count as taking a break?;)

Well, it'll take me about an hour and a half to get home from work today, does that count as taking a break?;)

You mean you don't have one of those fancy phones that you can surf the web on while you're driving home? Come on man, get out of the stone ages! :D

By the way, I don't have one of them either!:(

You mean you don't have one of those fancy phones that you can surf the web on while you're driving home? Come on man, get out of the stone ages! :D

Great idea. Then we can blame your choice of AM and/or PA for traffic accidents too. (At least it won't be Miggi's fault ;-)

It says:

The Orioles and Cubs are once again discussing a trade involving second baseman/leadoff hitter Brian Roberts, The Chicago Tribune reports.

The Orioles reportedly would send Roberts to Chicago for pitchers Sean Marshall and Sean Gallagher and infielder Ronny Cedeno.

www.mlbtraderumors.com just posted an update regarding Bedard.

UPDATE, 1-10-08 at 5:38pm: Churchill has further updated his right-hand sidebar referencing the Reds possibility. He says the O's want Bailey, Votto, Cueto, and Edwin Encarnacion. This is particularly lopsided, and pushing Melvin Mora back to Cincy wouldn't make it any less so. Mora may have negative value at this point. Meanwhile John Fay says nothing new has happened on the Reds/Bedard front.

No way the Orioles would even ask for those 4 players. That sounds like BS. Cuetto, Votto, and EE would be a decent haul. As far as the Mariners are concerned, I would want Adam Jones, Clement, and either Truinfel/Tillman. That would be fair if you ask me. I don't careif we need Clement or not, people are banking on Weiters to be a star in the next 2 years. injuries happen and you never know how things will pan out. Get the best quality period, I do not care about reduntancy at a given position.

It says:

The Orioles and Cubs are once again discussing a trade involving second baseman/leadoff hitter Brian Roberts, The Chicago Tribune reports.

The Orioles reportedly would send Roberts to Chicago for pitchers Sean Marshall and Sean Gallagher and infielder Ronny Cedeno.

Where do you see this? Do you have a link?

:rolleyes:

It says:

You mean the trade that was killed? Boy that's breaking news. What a scoop by the Tribune. This just in - the Orioles traded Tejada... :rolleyes:

UPDATE, 1-10-08 at 5:38pm: Churchill has further updated his right-hand sidebar referencing the Reds possibility. He says the O's want Bailey, Votto, Cueto, and Edwin Encarnacion. This is particularly lopsided, and pushing Melvin Mora back to Cincy wouldn't make it any less so. Mora may have negative value at this point. Meanwhile John Fay says nothing new has happened on the Reds/Bedard front.

No way the Orioles would even ask for those 4 players. That sounds like BS. Cuetto, Votto, and EE would be a decent haul. As far as the Mariners are concerned, I would want Adam Jones, Clement, and either Truinfel/Tillman. That would be fair if you ask me. I don't careif we need Clement or not, people are banking on Weiters to be a star in the next 2 years. injuries happen and you never know how things will pan out. Get the best quality period, I do not care about reduntancy at a given position.

That sidebar was "updated" last night. Man are we the only site following all this news or what? ;)

I bet you they are. Angelos is being beyond resonable, and I can't see a deal happening involving Roberts OR Bedard unless the price comes down.

Roberts is a good player, but he isn't great like some make him to be. The price being asked for him is not right, and if this keeps up, teams won't want to trade because of these prices that Angelos is implying.

I bet you they are. Angelos is being beyond resonable, and I can't see a deal happening involving Roberts OR Bedard unless the price comes down.

Roberts is a good player, but he isn't great like some make him to be. The price being asked for him is not right, and if this keeps up, teams won't want to trade because of these prices that Angelos is implying.

If Angelos is implying anything, I will vomit in terror.

A lawyer who prides himself on making as much money as possible should not be running a baseball organization. In law it is important to convince people you are right. Doubt can work in your benefit. In baseball doubt doesn't work in your benefit. You are not trying to proove the other team wrong. You are trying to beat them.

Archived