Boy do we need a RH bat!

El Gordo

Why does Reimold have" NO BUSINESS being on the club"? He's had VERY few plate opportunities since coming up and has a double and single.

He needs AB's as much as anything. I think he deserves a better chance and a longer hook.

I'm with you here. He's a .769 OPS guy over his career at the ML level. He hasn't been able to stay healthy in the past, but that doesn't change that he is better than he is playing right now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'd probably be a good fit. Makes about ~10M the next two seasons, but that's pretty good considering he's a ~4 Win player. Unfortunately I doubt the Angels are sellers because they're hovering around .500 and only 6 out of the WC right now. Also, because he's signed through 2015 I'm sure they'd want something serious in return.

I'd be willing to give something serious for him.

Why does Reimold have" NO BUSINESS being on the club"? He's had VERY few plate opportunities since coming up and has a double and single.

He needs AB's as much as anything. I think he deserves a better chance and a longer hook.

He looks terrible at the plate. Fine if we could afford to let him work his way back, but we are getting killed by LHP now and he isn't likely to give us much help now, if ever. I don't think we can afford to wait for him to hit. It doesn't look to me that he is going to. We'd be better off with Valencia or Canzler or Pearce.

It's almost like Mark Reynolds would have helped this club.

Perhaps the Mark Reynolds you have in your head. The one currently playing baseball for the Indians would not be of much help.

It's not hindsight when you said it for months that letting him walk over 5 million bucks was shortsighted.

And yes, he's having for him a bad year.

It's still FAR, FAR better than what we're receiving from the position.

Reynolds = .221/.311/.396

Orioles DH = .197/.265/.385

I like your optimism, but I wouldn't go so far as to use the "FAR FAR" superlative.

How much would he coast in prospects? Morse would give us similar OPS vs LHP and more power at much less the cost, because he is essentially a platoon player on a losing team.

I would assume that Seattle would look to get back something equivalent to what they gave up.

So...Washington got three young pitchers (one starter), and one of those guys (Ian Krol) is in the majors right now. The other two guys are A.J. Cole and Blake Treinen. Cole was ranked fairly high a couple of years ago, but fell off the BA top 100 after last year.

I don't know what the comparable players would be from our system, but I'm thinking Davies, Gamboa, and Lex Rutledge.

EDIT: Just to add to this...the Nats received those players from the A's as part of a three-way deal. I don't know if the Mariners would be interested in pitching prospects.

I would assume that Seattle would look to get back something equivalent to what they gave up.

So...Washington got three young pitchers (one starter), and one of those guys (Ian Krol) is in the majors right now. The other two guys are A.J. Cole and Blake Treinen. Cole was ranked fairly high a couple of years ago, but fell off the BA top 100 after last year.

I don't know what the comparable players would be from our system, but I'm thinking Davies, Gamboa, and Lex Rutledge.

Meh... it's Seattle. We'll take Morse and Nick Franklin for Brian Roberts. That sounds pretty far given their trade history ;)

Perhaps the Mark Reynolds you have in your head. The one currently playing baseball for the Indians would not be of much help.

I like your optimism, but I wouldn't go so far as to use the "FAR FAR" superlative.

You're right. 70 points of OPS, including almost 60 of OBP, is definitely something to sneeze at.

BTW, I'm not sure but is it easier to hit in Camden Yards or Jacobs Field? I just want to make sure we shouldn't downgrade his numbers because he's hitting in an easier environment. Could you fill me in on that?

Soriano,Willingham, Morse, Morales, Young, Berkman, Reynolds, etc.

I've seen nothing suggesting Konerko isn't available. I'd love to add his bat. His contract is expiring, so he could always go back to Chicago after the season if they want him. Plus it could be seen as a good will move for them to trade him to a contender.

I suspect the return would be mildly substantial.

I'll take anyone who can protect CD in the lineup. This lineup becomes vastly stronger if that guy can make a pitcher worry about walking CD. The other guys move down and all of a sudden your #8 hitter is a 20 HR threat.

If you can add that and a lights out setup guy, niether of which should cost much in prospects or money, this team would be fine.

We aren't looking for a fulltime DH, we are looking for a RH bat. As I have said before, though he is not my first choice, Reynolds would be our second best bat vs LHP.

I would assume that Seattle would look to get back something equivalent to what they gave up.So...Washington got three young pitchers (one starter), and one of those guys (Ian Krol) is in the majors right now. The other two guys are A.J. Cole and Blake Treinen. Cole was ranked fairly high a couple of years ago, but fell off the BA top 100 after last year.

EDIT: Just to add to this...the Nats received those players from the A's as part of a three-way deal. I don't know if the Mariners would be interested in pitching prospects.

I think you missed the part where Morse is a FA next year, so would only be a 2 month rental, and not cost anywhere near what he did last off season.

I've seen nothing suggesting Konerko isn't available. I'd love to add his bat. His contract is expiring, so he could always go back to Chicago after the season if they want him. Plus it could be seen as a good will move for them to trade him to a contender.

I suspect the return would be mildly substantial.

Konerko is having dismal season plagued by back problems all season, currently on the 15 day DL. No thanks.

Archived