VS Red Sox 07/ 27

Roll Tide

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a joke. Lighten up. Ortiz is a piece of crap, but even I wouldn't seriously suggest that.

Well, you wrote it. I'm just saying that people have been put in jail for typing things on Twitter. A forum isn't much different. Free speech is dead. I don't mean to derail the thread, and I'm definitely not going to take any action against you, but I'm just saying, be careful. I don't know if what you wrote will actually have any consequences for you, and frankly I hope it doesn't -- but I just wanted to convey that you are putting yourself at risk by doing that. There is considerable precedent already for this kind of thing landing people in jail.

Yeah, at least Pedroida and Farrell were trying to get him under control. Telling him it's not worth it etc.

Yeah, but Farrel's been acting like a wild-eyed crazy over every little disagreement too. Sort of implicitly encourages Papi to pop off.

I'm usually very VERY hesitant to suspect and accuse someone of using steroids.

But that was about as obvious a case of roid rage there is. I hope I'm wrong but boy that was weird. Your team is up plenty and you simply get some bad calls at the plate? He either has a history with that umpire... or that irrational emotional snap was caused by some substance.

Out of control.

Well, you wrote it. I'm just saying that people have been put in jail for typing things on Twitter. A forum isn't much different. Free speech is dead. I don't mean to derail the thread, and I'm definitely not going to take any action against you, but I'm just saying, be careful. I don't know if what you wrote will actually have any consequences for you, and frankly I hope it doesn't -- but I just wanted to convey that you are putting yourself at risk by doing that. There is considerable precedent already for this kind of thing landing people in jail.

Ummm there is zero chance that I could be put in jail for a bad joke. It wasn't a threat, it was a sarcastic joke, you should really learn the difference.

Did you not read that it was a joke???

Lighten up, or go smoke another bowl or whatever man.

It's an idiotic joke that you could make go away if you simply apologized for your stupidity instead of telling other people they need to lighten up.

Archived