VS Red Sox 07/ 27

Roll Tide

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm usually very VERY hesitant to suspect and accuse someone of using steroids.

But that was about as obvious a case of roid rage there is. I hope I'm wrong but boy that was weird. Your team is up plenty and you simply get some bad calls at the plate? He either has a history with that umpire... or that irrational emotional snap was caused by some substance.

If that wasn't roid rage I don't know what is.

Well suddenly now that Ortiz shows up Timmins, every single pitch is a strike. :laughlol:

...Doesn't fare well for us though because we need every pitch to be a ball in the bottom half of our innings. Even pitches right down the middle of the plate. Walk the bases loaded then walk in 5 runs. Or something like that.

I know you mean this jokingly, WISHingly! :P But that is not out of the question! BEFORE Ortiz was thrown out I have NEVER seen an umpire shown up that bad! Like near to 1890's era. ;)

I'm usually very VERY hesitant to suspect and accuse someone of using steroids.

But that was about as obvious a case of roid rage there is. I hope I'm wrong but boy that was weird. Your team is up plenty and you simply get some bad calls at the plate? He either has a history with that umpire... or that irrational emotional snap was caused by some substance.

At least he made good contact with something tonight.

I have straight respect for Pedroia, he told that fat **** how it was. Good guy.

I missed that. What did Pedroia do? I only saw him shielding himself with a towel from the flying phonebox splinters.

I thought Ortiz should have been thrown out even earlier--but now maybe he gets suspended. Hope OPACY sends him a bill for the dugout repair. What a fool.

Wow, that was in really bad taste, and in these times of a litigious society where everything is taken so seriously, that could get you in very serious trouble. Be careful, man.

It's a joke. Lighten up. Ortiz is a piece of crap, but even I wouldn't seriously suggest that.

Not now, but this team has underachieved. His track record suggests his teams win championships with other managers.

From what I've heard he was much more of a control freak and kind and could be abrasive and wear out his welcome. He's changed from that now. In any regard how can you justify firing him in the middle of a playoff race, especially when if the season ended tonight we'd be in the playoffs?

From what I've heard he was much more of a control freak and kind and could be abrasive and wear out his welcome. He's changed from that now. In any regard how can you justify firing him in the middle of a playoff race' date=' especially when if the season ended tonight we'd be in the playoffs?[/quote']

I didn't say fire him now

Archived