vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 8/14

OFFNY

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just been a rough few weeks. They're still in it. I'm not ready to jump off the roof yet. I'm certainly not ready to fire Buck as some have suggested...I disagree with how he's handled the bullpen, but his pros outweigh his cons overall.

I'm with you on that. I'm not in the "fire Buck" crowd and I'm certainly not jumping off the roof, but this team just doesn't have it this year. Each loss such as this one just further drives that last nail into the coffin.

I wish I had more hope, but I can't ignore what my eyes and gut are telling me. This team just doesn't have it this year.

Tell you what, the D-backs played some scrappy baseball. Kirk Gibson has them playing hard, and he's not afraid to remove an underperforming closer.

I love him. Trammel too (dude is a HoFer). If they Yankees can sit Rivera, we can certainly sit JJ.

It's just been a rough few weeks. They're still in it. I'm not ready to jump off the roof yet. I'm certainly not ready to fire Buck as some have suggested...I disagree with how he's handled the bullpen, but his pros outweigh his cons overall.

I love what Buck has done for the organization. He's a fantastic baseball man and a guy I truly respect. Saying that, his bullpen management and loyalty to vets has cost this team pretty badly this year. I hate to say it, but I can see why people love Buck at first, then have to go in a different direction to get over the hump.

I love what Buck has done for the organization. He's a fantastic baseball man and I guy I truly respect. Saying that, his bullpen management and loyalty to vets has cost this team pretty badly this year. I hate to say it, but I can see why people love Buck at first, then have to go in a different direction to get over the hump.

Won't happen here.

Funny...my father shared with me last week why he thinks Wieters is expendable and he brought this point up. I think you guys might be on to something... :)

Coach is a keen baseball man and I'm glad to hear he notices the same thing. I've heard whispers from scouts in and out of the organization as well. Count me as one of the guys not too concerned about his free agency in a few years.

Won't happen here.

You are absolutely right. Not after the contract extension he signed last year. Again, I'm not saying Buck should be fired, but I can see why he wears out his welcome places because of his warts. I wish the guy was a little less stubborn, but I also know some of the good things he brings as well.

Archived