Vs. Rockies 8/16/2013

weams

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, let's just shove pitchers out there who aren't effective late in games just to try and prove a damn point or force the issue.

I doubt that is what is driving Buck's decision-making. There are 4 games this season where Chen has pitched 7 or more complete innings and blanked the opposition in the 7th and 8th. I would think that Buck and his coaches believe they know the signs of when Chen is in shape to do it and decide accordingly; tonight they were wrong.

That's what you get when you put a closer mindset in mop up duty.

Lol come on man. This blame Buck at all cost crap is just asinine. Is the guy perfect, no, but the fact that so many people have turned on him after he completely changed the losing culture tells me a lot about a good amount of fans. I am not even sure why I am commenting in the game thread. Too many irrational posts that just piss me off. Not yours, you are even keeled but there are others that are just...wow!

So I am like Scott, except the drunk part, an am bowing out!

I doubt that is what is driving Buck's decision-making. There are 4 games this season where Chen has pitched 7 or more complete innings and blanked the opposition in the 7th and 8th. I would think that Buck and his coaches believe they know the signs of when Chen is in shape to do it and decide accordingly; tonight they were wrong.

He gave up a hr in the previous inning and struggled with command.

That 7th was seen coming from most on this board from a mile away.

If buck can't see it, he needs to start wearing glasses.

K-Rod is a closer. One inning, preferably beginning with a clean slate and the bases empty, for the last three outs of the game. He's done well with that in the past, was doing very well with that when we got him earlier this year, and is exactly the right player in the right spot to spell or replace our sadly failed closer. He's been on a five game roll.

So why in the world was he the first guy out of the pen this evening, and why in the world was he placed in the unfamiliar position of sitting for our at bats and returning to the mound in the 8th?

Was this Buck sticking it to the folks clamoring for K-Rod to replace JJ? I just don't get the utter bull-headedness of his decisions of late, including this one.

I'm not calling for Buck's head, but sadly wondering if this is the stuff that got him fired from two ascendent teams in the past.

Lol come on man. This blame Buck at all cost crap is just asinine. Is the guy perfect, no, but the fact that so many people have turned on him after he completely changed the losing culture tells me a lot about a good amount of fans. I am not even sure why I am commenting in the game thread. Too many irrational posts that just piss me off. Not yours, you are even keeled but there are others that are just...wow!

So I am like Scott, except the drunk part, an am bowing out!

What Viper said. ;)

I'm getting more and more around to the idea that our offense is the problem. The rockies really can't pitch, with the exception of De La Rosa and Chacin. We should be doing better.

No doubt the Offense is down but this pitching staff can not keep giving up the gofer balls at this rate

I'm getting more and more around to the idea that our offense is the problem. The rockies really can't pitch, with the exception of De La Rosa and Chacin. We should be doing better.

100% agree. The offense is extremely frustrating.

Archived