JJ Hardy is ridiculously underpaid - And a Silver Slugger- And third in the Platinum glove voting.

Frobby

Credit where credit is due. That was McPhail's doing. Andy made some good deals in his time here.
Got him for nothing. my mind was boggled the day the Twins made that trade.

McPhail didn't just acquire Hardy.

He also locked him up with the extension (and accompanying salary) that is the main topic of the thread:

J.J. Hardy Signs Extension with Orioles

(Associated Press)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6781753/jj-hardy-signs-3-year-extension-baltimore-orioles

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McPhail didn't just acquire Hardy.

He also locked him up with the extension (and accompanying salary) that is the main topic of the thread:

J.J. Hardy Signs Extension with Orioles

(Associated Press)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6781753/jj-hardy-signs-3-year-extension-baltimore-orioles

AMEN!

Andy doesn't get enough credit for what he did. Granted, DD has done more, but Andy does have a hand in this team.

So JJ Hardy deserves all those millions huh?

This year

Batting: 0 runs

Baserunning: -1 runs

Fielding: +9 runs

Positional: +6 runs

Absolutely amazing the kind of money shortstops can make for such production. Player value skyrockets at shortstop.

When you hit like a replacement level corner outfielder while playing an above average shortstop, yes. This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. You think Ozzie Smith or Mark Belanger's bats would play in left field?

So JJ Hardy deserves all those millions huh?

This year

Batting: 0 runs

Baserunning: -1 runs

Fielding: +9 runs

Positional: +6 runs

Absolutely amazing the kind of money shortstops can make for such production. Player value skyrockets at shortstop.

In a word, yes.

I imagine he would get 10+ on the open market. Boston is paying Stephen Drew $9.5 million this season, and he has been worth 2 wins according to Baseball Reference. JJ has been worth 3.2 wins.

Solid fielder? Come on. JJ is a gold glover. He's worth every penny of 10 mil

When you hit like a replacement level corner outfielder while playing an above average shortstop, yes. This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. You think Ozzie Smith or Mark Belanger's bats would play in left field?

They don't, but it's like playing shortstop gets you this massive boost in player value. Lots of people can play shortstop. Machado, Hardy, Flaherty and Casilla could all play shortstop. It's just that JJ gets slotted there so we overrated him as a player. He just gets lucky by the guy Buck puts at shortstop.

Hell even Jones could play shortstop. Look at his arm and agility. He's outgrown the position a little, but I'm making a point.

They don't, but it's like playing shortstop gets you this massive boost in player value. Lots of people can play shortstop. Machado, Hardy, Flaherty and Casilla could all play shortstop. It's just that JJ gets slotted there so we overrated him as a player. He just gets lucky by the guy Buck puts at shortstop.

Hell even Jones could play shortstop. Look at his arm and agility. He's outgrown the position a little, but I'm making a point.

Is this a serious post?

Are you really?

Is there anybody else in OH that agrees with this theory of yours?

The point you're making is that you have no idea what you're talking about. It's cool, though, we already knew.

Yes, Machado could give you similar or better production. Flaherty may not field as well, and wont hit as well, Casilla may field the position but can't hit. I won't even address Jones.

But, if you move Manny to short, then at third, we are back to discussing Flaherty and Cassilla as options.

Archived