BP Playoff Odds Snapshot Thread

Frobby

38 minutes ago, riprulz8 said:

Colorado (64-48) and Arizona (63-48) hold the 2 NL WC spots right now, so I'm not sure about your comment.  Colorado has more wins than every other team save LAD, HOU, WAS - same with Arizona except they are tied in wins with BOS.   

Colorado & Arizona aren't better than Baltimore.

33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I know it's the west coast, and they are road games, but you should take a gander at Oak and LAA's teams. LAA has one regular over a .700 OPS(Trout).  OAK looks like a AAA rotation and lineup sans a couple guys. 

We have a superior lineup and pen. Maybe even an advantage on the pitching. We need to be able to go 4-2 in those 6 games. 

Yunel is an ops monster. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Angels lineup with regulars over .700 OPS:

Trout (1.166), Simmons (.812), Escobar (.730)

The thing about the Angels is they have a bunch of speedsters. So luckily Ubaldo isn't pitching. lol

Yeah, if you can keep Trout from killing you, the Angels' lineup is lacking.

The A's have a bit more pop, but did just lose Alonso from the heart of their order.

44 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Colorado & Arizona aren't better than Baltimore.

Debatable.  "You are what you record says you are," to quote Bill Parcells.  Still I wouldn't call teams with .568 and .571 winning percentages "lousy."  I sure WISH the O's were that lousy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, riprulz8 said:

Debatable.  "You are what you record says you are," to quote Bill Parcells.  Still I wouldn't call teams with .568 and .571 winning percentages "lousy."  I sure WISH the O's were that lousy.

Their home records are ridiculous, I watch almost every game, they're not very good but they hit at home. Ray & Greinke can make AZ formidable but Colorado is a load. Put either in our division and they're us. Lousy. 

1 hour ago, Cumberbundy said:

Their home records are ridiculous, I watch almost every game, they're not very good but they hit at home. Ray & Greinke can make AZ formidable but Colorado is a load. Put either in our division and they're us. Lousy. 

I don't know -- the AL East is +14 this year, but the NL West is +45.   Overall, interleague play is the closest it's been in years (AL is +5 in 219 games).     I'd tend to say there's little reason to discount those teams' records.

2 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Angels lineup with regulars over .700 OPS:

Trout (1.166), Simmons (.812), Escobar (.730)

The thing about the Angels is they have a bunch of speedsters. So luckily Ubaldo isn't pitching. lol

Escobar left Sunday's game with a strained intercostal. He might be headed to the DL. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/mlb/4268/yunel-escobar

Their lineup is pretty weak. We have our top 3 pitchers going. 2/3 needs to happen. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don't know -- the AL East is +14 this year, but the NL West is +45.   Overall, interleague play is the closest it's been in years (AL is +5 in 219 games).     I'd tend to say there's little reason to discount those teams' records.

The two highest elevations in baseball, obviously it's significantly different in Colorado but AZ has higher totals than any other place, they both are bad on the road, I don't think it's a coincidence. If the O's had to win a series at home over either the Yanks or Rockies picking Colorado would be as easy as picking pizza without Mike Bordick commentary over pizza with Mike Bordick commentary. 

AZ is 24-5 vs SD/CWS/Phills/Mets there's +19 v college teams. 

Col is 23-10 vs SF/SD/Phils

The two combine for a losing road record. LAD just had the best 50 game streak in history, Washington wins with 2 minor league OF & a milb SS and the worst pen in baseball. The NL is pretty bad. SD is a joke. They're ahead of SF.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Escobar left Sunday's game with a strained intercostal. He might be headed to the DL. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/mlb/4268/yunel-escobar

Their lineup is pretty weak. We have our top 3 pitchers going. 2/3 needs to happen. 

The only human I actually like on Ana is Calhoun, I don't know what Trout is. ?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How can you not like Simmons?

He's awesome I just don't think of the defensive side as much because I look at too much through a DFS perspective and he's actually been valuable there - he just doesn't get the stats so it's easy for me to forget how good he is. When he first came up I thought he was going to be the best SS in baseball for a decade. I forget who their hitting coach was when he came up but he predicted he'd be the best hitting SS in baseball as well as the best defensive SS. He probably isn't even 29 yet but it feels like he's been around for a decade already.