vs. RED SOX, 8/29

OFFNY

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See? That's why I fight fire. I never even considered that. I have been voluntarily tased though. It kind of sucks. Better than the nightstick though I bet.

Yeah getting tased sucks! Nobody uses a night stick anymore they use an Asp. /shudder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It’s silly to be judging Bradfield at this stage.  I don’t know if he’ll be good or not, but I know you need to give him a couple of months at least before you have any clue.
    • Anyone else notice Kremer shaking his hand or fingers the last couple games and looking like he’s in pain?  I’m surprised Ben and Kevin didn’t pick up on it today.  It looked obvious to me.
    • Povich is a starter. It makes no sense to bring him up and put him in Baumann’s role. Especially not in a short term situation when he’s pitching so well starting in Norfolk.    also - it kind of feels like Baumann is just a placeholder. When wells and/or Grayson come back, there isn’t another logical move other than maybe option akin, who has pitched dramatically better than Baumann. But I can’t imagine Baumann surviving both wells and Grayson coming back without another injury.    I don’t think Elias is doing anything crazy other than holding onto assets with value until it’s necessary to let them go. Is Tate probably better in the long term? Yeah. But he’s also coming off a year long injury and they don’t want to overuse him. Let them use his option for the flexibility, manage his innings, let Baumann either prove he can rediscover early 2023 form or get dfa’d in the coming weeks while eating whatever innings we need him to. Not like he’s costing us games at the moment.
    • I see you also follow Dave Volsky's channel on YouTube. This guy has done phenomenal work restoring old baseball, football and basketball games to near HD quality.
    • I think a team should use its relievers whichever way gives them the best chance to win the most games.   Who was the Rangers closer last year and in the playoffs?
    • Mike E has a problem hoarding assets. Baumann isn’t valueless, but it is inexplicable that someone with such limited value is kept over Povich(at least) who certainly wouldn’t be less valuable if used the same, and could potentially be more valuable. But a DFA is losing him and for some reason that’s anathema to Mike
    • 5/5 O's complete sweet @CIN, 11-1: I snubbed Kremer the last time through the rotation, so Kremer gets it this time for six shutout innings. Santander's grand slam was nice but the game was already out of reach. 
  • Popular Contributors