2013 Scoreboard Watching Thread

OFFNY

My apologies in advance if there is already a thread for this. If that's the case, mods please merge.

Currently, the Orioles are a game and-a-half behind the Rays for the # 2 wild card spot, and 4 games behind the Rangers for the # 1 wild card spot.

The Royals scored 3 runs in the top of the first inning today against the Indians in Cleveland. The Indians are currently tied with the Orioles at 77-67, and the Royals are a game-and-a-half behind both of these respective squads at 76-69.

STANDINGS O(Regular)

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

STANDINGS O(Wild Card)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/type/wild-card

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays, O's, Indians, Yanks, and Royals are so tightly bunched, every day will see an ebb and flow with one team jumping ahead of others and vice versa. Its gonna make for a roller coaster of a ride for all of us, but it will be a fun three weeks.

Its funny how each win and loss changes everything. A win tonight coupled with a Rays loss and we half a game back. A loss and a Rays win and we are suddenly 2 and a half out and have 2 or more teams in front of us. Crazy times.

In the Royals' entire franchise history (1969 - present), today they did something for only the 2nd time ever ...... they led the game off with a home run and a triple. Alex Gordon hit one out of the park, followed by a triple by Emilio Bonifacio.

The only other time that that had ever happened in their 45-season history was on September 9th of 2011, when (again) Alex Gordon led the game off with a home run, followed by a triple by Melky Cabrera.

The rays tie it up, we go 2.5 back and I think that is all she wrote. Probably is anyhow.

Rays win tonight would sure be a huge blow. We still have 4 games vs. TB on the season though, so as long as we're no more than 2 games back of them when we go there (Sept 20-23), I won't give up hope.

Rays win tonight would sure be a huge blow. We still have 4 games vs. TB on the season though, so as long as we're no more than 2 games back of them when we go there (Sept 20-23), I won't give up hope.

Yeah, it's the Yankees, indians and royals along with rays we're battling though. Royals might take it. They are .5 behind us and will probably leap us tomorrow.

Archived