Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

Another country heard from

analyzeThis.gif

So you don't make the connection between Buck never giving Machado a day off and a freak injury? So we have 5 players that have played 150+ games then one of them has a freak injury and we can't even speculate if he was over worked? So if this was him running a pitcher out there for more innings than he's ever played, then we could blame him? But because it is a position player who has played what 35+ innings in 3 days it has nothing to do with it?

The guy is having a horrible september. He was obviously frustrated and arguing alot of calls recently. Then he gets hurt on a non contact, slowing down running, type of play. He was showing all the signs of needing a day off. But I guess his "want to" made Buck keep in there. C'mon. Not being negative, just being real.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you don't make the connection between Buck never giving Machado a day off and a freak injury? So we have 5 players that have played 150+ games then one of them has a freak injury and we can't even speculate if he was over worked? So if this was him running a pitcher out there for more innings than he's ever played, then we could blame him? But because it is a position player who has played what 35+ innings in 3 days it has nothing to do with it?

The guy is having a horrible september. He was obviously frustrated and arguing alot of calls recently. Then he gets hurt on a non contact, slowing down running, type of play. C'mon.

Do you not see how ridiculous it is that you are trying to blame someone for what you call a "Freak Injury". Do you know the meaning of a "Freak Injury"? I sincerely doubt that you do, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to blame someone for it.

Do you not see how ridiculous it is that you are trying to blame someone for what you call a "Freak Injury". Do you know the meaning of a "Freak Injury"? I sincerely doubt that you do, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to blame someone for it.

Oh so you have to get personal to try and defend your point? Well I'll take the higher road Sir. Thank about this series and all the extra running Manny had to do out to LF to shift more than the other regulars. Plus how many more innings has he played over his career high? But why do you have to personally attack me for bringing up this point? Just because you have 12,000 posts and I have 500? So I must just be a troll, right?

I do. The theory there is Buck never rested him and fatigue lead to the injury. I don't know if that is true, but I personally don't think players should play 162 games in a season.

I just want to wait to see what the MRI says instead of listening to the OH doctors

We don't know what is wrong. Premature to blame Buck. I don't blame Buck. It

was just a horrible accident. Did his cleat stick in the first base bag? Did his knee

buckle? MRI test is tomorrow?

The guy is having a horrible september. He was obviously frustrated and arguing alot of calls recently. Then he gets hurt on a non contact, slowing down running, type of play. He was showing all the signs of needing a day off. But I guess his "want to" made Buck keep in there. C'mon. Not being negative, just being real.

"Being real," four guys all 6-8 years older than a healthy 21 year old Manny, not to mention a 27 year-old catcher who has caught 143 games, didn't break down from overwork. Add to that, Wieters caught 143 games in 2012, Hardy played 158 games, and Jones had a full 162 game season. But Manny having a freak injury is fair game to criticize Buck? I don't get the need to assign blame to anyone on this.

You seen like you need to blame someone for everything that goes wrong. Machado isn't catching and is 21. He plays third base he shouldn't be exhausted to the point of collapsing. The team handled Bundy super.conservativsky last year and he still needed a major surgery.

"Being real," four guys all 6-8 years older than a healthy 21 year old Manny, not to mention a 27 year-old catcher who has caught 143 games, didn't break down from overwork. Add to that, Wieters caught 143 games in 2012, Hardy played 158 games, and Jones had a full 162 game season. But Manny having a freak injury is fair game to criticize Buck? I don't get the need to assign blame to anyone on this.

So if that was your point why did you just revert to personal criticism to try and prove it? If you're clearly so right, why even explain it now? All I'm saying is that when people are overworked and tired "freak" injury chances increase. And I pointed out that Manny had to run across the field how many times? Something those other players didn't have to do. Plus he has played a ton more innings than he has ever played before.

-He had to ton more running than anyone on the team. And yes by baseball standards sprinting to the opposite field is a ton.

-He has never played this many innings in his career.

I'm not saying Buck is the whole reason this happened. But he has to take a majority of the blame. He has literally rode the players into the ground. Funny you bring up Weiters. What's he batting this year? Hasn't he been rumored to be dealing with a shoulder issue but back just keeps running him out there? Our whole lineup is fatigued and now we finally have an injury and it is lunacy to criticize the manager.

So if that was your point why did you just revert to personal criticism to try and prove it? If you're clearly so right, why even explain it now? All I'm saying is that when people are overworked and tired "freak" injury chances increase. And I pointed out that Manny had to run across the field how many times? Something those other players didn't have to do. Plus he has played a ton more innings than he has ever played before.

-He had to ton more running than anyone on the team. And yes by baseball standards sprintIng to the opposite field is a ton.

-He has never played this many innings in his career.

I'm not saying Buck is the whole reason this happened. But he has to take a majority of the blame. He has literally rode the players into the ground. Funny you bring up Weiters. What's he batting this year? Hasn't he been rumored to be dealing with a shoulder issue but back just keeps running him out there? Our whole lineup is fatigued and now we finally have an injury and it is lunacy to criticize the manager.

Oh no that long walk from third to the dug out. I wonder how third base coaches make it at their advanced ages.

Archived