2013 World Series (Cardinals vs. Red Sox)

OFFNY

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This Lopez talk reminds me of last year when someone kept banging the drum to bring back Zach* Britton.  Let’s just be happy we caught lightning in a bottle with Lopez in 2022 and forget about trying to do it twice.  
    • Yeah, we finally got to celebrate a streak that required performing well.
    • You’re right on some things.  Wrong on others.  Bradfield hasn’t shown zero power.  7 doubles and 3 triples in 31 games.  Do the math. Our international program hit on Basallo.   Sosa, Estrada, and Arias are all making solid progress as 19 year olds in Delmarva.   Portes, Chace, and DeLeon are young pitchers doing well at Aberdeen.   The big question is do we have any elite prospects after Mayo, Holliday, Kjerstad and Basallo.   It doesn’t look like it right now.  The hope is that some of the Latin players become just that.  Bradfield still has a good chance to be a top 100 guy and maybe a top 50 guy. I share your concerns.  Elias hit big time in the 2019 and 2020 drafts.  That’s hard to replicate.   In fact, he didn’t replicate in the next two drafts although he made a huge correct call on Holliday over Druw Jones and others.  I share your concerns.  We are going to need some stud prospects after the Norfolk crop and Basallo and currently it’s hard to see who that might be.  Remember, Mayo didn’t become a stud until last year when he was 21.   Gunnar was good but not special until he was 20/21.    A Thomas Sosa, Josh Liranzo, Leandro Arias, etc, hopefully will emerge over the next  2 years.  It’s going to be hard, not impossible, to find stud position players picking 22 or lower in the draft.
    • Yeah, I hate celebrating consistent winning baseball, too.
    • I’ll always be a Jorge Lopez fan and will root for him when it doesn’t negatively impact the Orioles.  He has had to deal with a lot off the field and, as a father myself, I pray for the very best for his son.     Not sure what his mindset is right now but I’d take a flyer on a minor-league deal with him.
    • He got the right opportunity. 88 pitches going into the 7th.  Gotta stick with your starter there if he’s throwing well.  Last year Burnes threw 107 or more 5 times, and 100+ pitches 11 times.  He threw 88 or fewer 4 times.   
    • Now MASN has a new shtick.  The O’s haven’t lost a series to an AL East opponent in the last 18 series (13-0-5).  I’m happy to keep that one going ad infinitum.
  • Popular Contributors