2013 World Series (Cardinals vs. Red Sox)

OFFNY

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off the balcony with some of those Red Sox fans.

Not all of them, though.

My Uncle Dominick died 2 weeks ago at the age of 84. He was a loyal Red Sox fan his entire life, from the 1935 season on ...... and he grew up in New York City.

Shows what a good bullpen, and players who can actually hit can do for a team.

Must be nice to have manager who doesn't play favorites, and doesn't give overrated players an insane amount of opportunities to screw a team over.

Must be nice...

Congratz to Koji pretty cool to see him win one.

I just hate that everything worked out for them. They traded all those guys, they dumped those salaries, fired that dickhead Bobby Valentine. Loaded up with a bunch of gritty, grimy guys that love baseball and felt like they had something to prove. It all went off without a hitch, they win the World Series.

UGH, why did everything have to break right for them? I'd almost rather have the Yankees win the Series. In fact, I'd rather have had the Yankees win the Series. Wouldn't have to look at Rivera, Jeter and A-Rod with some dumb beards.

SO ANNOYING.

I just hate that everything worked out for them. They traded all those guys, they dumped those salaries, fired that dickhead Bobby Valentine. Loaded up with a bunch of gritty, grimy guys that love baseball and felt like they had something to prove. It all went off without a hitch, they win the World Series.

UGH, why did everything have to break right for them? I'd almost rather have the Yankees win the Series. In fact, I'd rather have had the Yankees win the Series. Wouldn't have to look at Rivera, Jeter and A-Rod with some dumb beards.

SO ANNOYING.

Or they were all on Roids and paid off MLB to turn the other cheek. It's obvious Ortiz was roided up. Give me a break. The phone incident. Roid rage? I don't want to seem like a hater, but something just doesn't smell right.

SO ANNOYING.

I remember jumping for joy in 04 and watching the Red Sox win the World Series back then.

I regret that now. The Red Sox fanbase has become more unlikeable then ever.

And so has the coverage of them. Sorry,the Red Soxs aren't heros because they won a few baseball games and I was NEVER rooting for them,not once.

I have a co-worker who is a Red Sox Fan who says Boston deserved to win because of the bombing.

I asked him if he felt the same way after 9/11 and the Yankees. That ended that.

What happened in Boston was a horror,but it doesn't change the fact that for me,Oritz is a roided up cheater that gets a pass from MLB because he's nice to the right people and they need either the Yankees or Red Sox to be viable.

It doesn't change the fact I view most of the players on there as unlikable jerks and their fanbase has become just as entitled and spoiled as the Yanks if not worse.

Boston won,but don't ask me to view them as heros or celebrate it.

Archived