If Not McLouth, Is Urrutia The Guy in LF?

olehippi

Henry Urrutia is playing LF for the Sunrise team in the AFL and after going 3-4 today, including a 2-run HR, Hank is now batting .410, with 3 HR, 15 RBI and a .444 OBP in just 15 AFL games.

Urrutia has hit at every level - including .276 in 24 games for the Orioles. Hopefully he is honing his outfield skills in Arizona because I have a feeling he will be given every chance to win the LF slot in ST.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henry Urrutia is playing LF for the Sunrise team in the AFL and after going 3-4 today, including a 2-run HR, Hank is now batting .410, with 3 HR, 15 RBI and a .444 OBP in just 15 AFL games.

Urrutia has hit at every level - including .276 in 24 games for the Orioles. Hopefully he is honing his outfield skills in Arizona because I have a feeling he will be given every chance to win the LF slot in ST.

He has had quite the fall league. Great job Henry.

If he hits we'll gladly suffer his glove, or lack of quality instruction... I think his ML debut was a misnomer. He has plenty of power. He is NOT a slash hitter. :P If he can get his feet under him he will be a welcome addition to our lineup.

If he hits we'll gladly suffer his glove, or lack of quality instruction... I think his ML debut was a misnomer. He has plenty of power. He is NOT a slash hitter. :P If he can get his feet under him he will be a welcome addition to our lineup.

He doesn't have plenty of power. Hopefully he will have sufficient power.

Henry has not played much in the field this off season because of a sore arm. Maybe he enters ST as a DH and gets to prove whether he can improve enough to play the field.

I seem to remember that his arm is considered pretty good. Is that true?

Granted I am only thinking of one HR for Norfolk @ some other park. But it was 430-450. Like Flaherty for me, pretty good power.

I think a realistic ceiling would be Markakis level game power.

Urrutia starting would be about getting value for a small investment not adding a significant upgrade to the offense.

Urrutia starting would be about getting value for a small investment not adding a significant upgrade to the offense.

I think Henry would be a fine DH component as a platoon partner. I think his OPS would be better than McLouth if played in left.

I seem to remember that his arm is considered pretty good. Is that true?

From what I heard last year his routes and jumps were the biggest areas that needed improvement. I don't know about his arm strength. I think Kendall, the AA Bowie manager, spoke well of his defense. So reports are mixed I think. Kendall is also Henry's manager in the Arizona Fall League.

I have no basis for this but I think Henry will be a more dynamic player. Full of spirit. Different than Nick but as valuable.

Archived