Look's like we can end the Hardy to Cards talk now. Peralta to Cards.

Greg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Cardinals, however, have yet to confirm that they have an agreement in place with Jhonny Peralta.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like a poor move for the Cards. If you need a SS to add to your contending team, Peralta should not be your guy IMO.

He is if the only SS they realistically wanted via trade was Hardy and the O's were asking for too much. Peralta only costs them money; Hardy would have cost them one, if not multiple, players who are all cheap and have a lot of years under team control.

Every team got an additional $25M. Some teams choose to spend it to improve their team, others put it in the owner's bank account.

^ this.

I'd give rep if I could.

If teams are going to use their extra $25 million to give away huge contracts to aging and declining players, it's not an advantage. That money would be MUCH better spent locking up younger talent long-term. I would never in a million years give Peralta 4 years, $52 million, let alone higher than that.

Man this is turning out to be a great year to be a free agent.

While I agree with what waroriole said in general, this is how I feel about Peralta. I really see his numbers falling off a cliff and I'm surprised the Cards are jumping in here if it holds up.

Those talks ended at Shelby Miller. Wasnt going to happen.

Exactly, I'm sure they bumped into each other... "Oh yeah, you have a SS I want", "How about Shelby Miller?" "lol no thanks, we don't want him that badly".

This news isn't that huge a blow to me. It was a pipe dream.

Archived