Look's like we can end the Hardy to Cards talk now. Peralta to Cards.

Greg

While I agree with what waroriole said in general, this is how I feel about Peralta. I really see his numbers falling off a cliff and I'm surprised the Cards are jumping in here if it holds up.

Yeah, I wouldn't give Peralta that much, even if we had a hole at SS/3B and an owner willing to improve the team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heyman is such a tool.

Wasn't he the guy saying another team has 4/56 out there, and it's not even close? Agent's best friend.

About that....

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 43s

Word is Peralta wanted to play in st. louis. explain is why he took about $52M/4 yrs from them while asking $75M/5 of others

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mozeliak: Explored trade market for SS but cost was much too high. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23stlcards&src=hash">#stlcards</a></p>— Stan McNeal (@stanmcneal) <a href="

">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well we know one of the talks.

The other factor is that the Cardinals had the payroll flexibility to sign Peralta. The 2013 payroll was $116 M. After signing Peralta, the 2014 payroll is only $99M. They still have to decide if they're bringing back Jay and Axford, but those two won't add up to $17M.

Mozeliak is still interested in finding a right hand bat with some pop for the bench, preferably a utility infielder. Whether he finds that guy or not, this has already been a very successful off season for the Cardinals.

Archived