O's agree with Ryan Webb on 2-year deal

Os84

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
‏@jonahkeri

Actual scoop! Source confirms #Orioles have agreement with Ryan Webb for 2-year deal worth $4.5 million, pending physical.

@jonahkeri

Source notes the similarities between Josh Johnson and Ryan Webb, O's love Webb's sinker & big groundball rate.

Ryan Webb

I don't hate this move. Are we also interested in Josh Johnson ?

Good add to the bullpen here. Was fairly effective against both right-handers (.244/.297/.384/.681) and left-handers (.244/.324/.390/.714). Probably a good 7th inning guy who struggled in high leverage situations last year (.361/.405/.542/.947). Good ground ball guy who put up a 1.72 GO/AO ratio. I like this addition to the bullpen.

Good add to the bullpen here. Was fairly effective against both right-handers (.244/.297/.384/.681) and left-handers (.244/.324/.390/.714). Probably a good 7th inning guy who struggled in high leverage situations last year (.361/.405/.542/.947). Good ground ball guy who put up a 1.72 GO/AO ratio. I like this addition to the bullpen.

At 2.25 a good value as well.

Yeah what's new a cheap move. Only 3 more players till that 10m is spent.

No reason for this kind of post in this thread really. He looks like a solid add to the bullpen. If you plan to rag on every move that isn't worth $10 million a year or more from here on out you will get repetitive and borderline trolling.

Archived