Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe it is our fault for not giving Balfour more money or a third year. We are the ones without a closer after all..

The Orioles are cheap, rolled the dice and lost.

Welcome your 2014 closer: Tommy Hunter.

It's looking more like it. Rather have Hunter over Perez or Axford.

The O's generally lose when they get into these staring matches with FA's. I'm mentally moving on from the Balfour stuff.

I guess me too. Dammit it is just getting sad though. I just think that Balfouf

would have been a good fit with the O's. Nothing will get done at the Winter

Meetings but deals can still get done.

Those Petitte and Rivera and Hallday cats are pretty good. I think the Orioles should have serious interest in all three.

Yes they are. Rivera and Petitte have retired. Haven't they? But seriously if they

hadn't retired I would never see them leaving The Yankees for the O's. they can

get more money from the Yankees than the O's,

Anyone wanna bet after Balfour signs elsewhere the mouthpieces of this team will be like......

#Orioles discussed Balfour, but interest has been exaggerated. Team wasn't making push to sign him.

I was watching MLB network last night. What infuriates me about the Orioles is they are the only team where MLB network reports, "they are interested in player x". "the sides are talking". "Baltimore thinks they can get something done", "nothing is close but talks aren't dead yet", "it could be announced in the coming days". I mean do you ever hear on ESPN or MLB network, "St. Louis thinks they can get something done with player x but they are waiting." No, of course not.

If we were fans of another team we may hear of their failures. Or maybe I am

trying to make excuses for the O's. I do wish DD could get Balfour or Benoit to

sign with the O's. I am a pretty patient and an optimistic guy but I find myself

getting frustrated with the FO.

If we were fans of another team we may hear of their failures. Or maybe I am

trying to make excuses for the O's. I do wish DD could get Balfour or Benoit to

sign with the O's. I am a pretty patient and an optimistic guy but I find myself

getting frustrated with the FO.

It's not the front office....it's the amount of marbles he has been given to work with doesn't fit the economic climate in baseball

Check please.

I really have no idea what we're doing at this point. None. We passed on Garrett Jones, Morneau, Morrison and now Kubel. Maybe DD has developed the neurological issue the guy has in Memento and he's simply forgotten that we need a LH DH...?

Great movie and accurate reference. Rep coming.

Check please.

I really have no idea what we're doing at this point. None. We passed on Garrett Jones, Morneau, Morrison and now Kubel. Maybe DD has developed the neurological issue the guy has in Memento and he's simply forgotten that we need a LH DH...?

Really Kubel is making you tap out..

I mean this guy???

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kubelja01.shtml

Archived