Balfour speaks...

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so I think this situation is a complete embarrassment and makes the decision to trade Johnson look horrendous. But what else would Balfour's agent ever say? "We really appreciate the Orioles backing out of a deal and simultaneously killing our market"? The Orioles may be wrong here (and they're at the very least at fault for poor planning) but it's hard to take the word of Balfour's agent either.

I'm sure the Dr. who did the surgery doesn't have an incentive to say Balfour looks A-OK? And Balfour doesn't have an incentive to say he's 100%

A week ago, half the board thought we made a mistake signing a guy that Bean the Great and Powerful let go. Now the O's team doctor agrees with Billy Beane, the O's offered a sensible revision to the deal, and the O's are the bad guys? That's before we even get to the posters who are sure it's nothing to do with the physical at all, just part of PA's vendetta against them personally.

Quit talking me off the ledge dammit!

go to the music threads

go to the music threads

Is this really true?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Right there on the front page.

Baltimore's at 81.5 mil, 10th cheapest in the majors.

76.2 New York Mets

75.8 Chicago Cubs

75.0 Minnesota

73.1 San Diego

71.0 Oakland

69.0 Pittsburgh

66.2 Tampa (one Nick Markakis contract away from the Orioles)

Miami and Houston have payrolls in the 30s.

Looking back at the guys posts he does seem like a shill. Last season he posts this

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/128767-How-Soon-People-Forget-What-an-Offseason-in-Baltimore-Looks-Like?p=3001454#post3001454

Other posts about the Ravens should move their concert as well: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/135315-NFL-Opening-Day-Concert-and-festivities-during-the-Oriole-game?p=3235513#post3235513

Most of his posts that are about the team seem to be shill posts.

Nice to know I'm a "shill."

I'm hardly a supporter of Angelos, but I refuse to buy into speculation when facts are out there. That's impossible to do in the Twitter age though.

@susanslusser

Balfour pointed out to Duquette that two respected doctors said that he is completely healthy. #Orioles have yet to explain what happened.

‏@susanslusser

Balfour told me he had been looking forward to helping the #Orioles get to the World Series for the first time in 30 years.

‏@susanslusser

Balfour told me he told Duquette that he deserves to be treated w/ respect and he was not & #Orioles just lost their best chance at winning.

‏@susanslusser

Grant Balfour called me back to say he called Dan Duquette to tell him the #Orioles were making a mistake. #Athletics

@susanslusser

Balfour pointed out to Duquette that two respected doctors said that he is completely healthy. #Orioles have yet to explain what happened.

‏@susanslusser

Balfour told me he had been looking forward to helping the #Orioles get to the World Series for the first time in 30 years.

‏@susanslusser

Balfour told me he told Duquette that he deserves to be treated w/ respect and he was not & #Orioles just lost their best chance at winning.

‏@susanslusser

Grant Balfour called me back to say he called Dan Duquette to tell him the #Orioles were making a mistake. #Athletics

If any of this is remotely true, wow. Something is very wrong with this picture.

Just one thing strikes me as strange. This Susan Slusser. Doesn't it occur to her to ask Balfour "What did the Orioles say they saw in the MRI that they didn't like?" Did they not tell him anything? There must have been some explanation.

Thank you. There's a big dog reason Beane didnt' want him back.

Archived