Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

Depends on what Young is doing. :P

Either way, it's just now sinking in for me that the O's were dithering over a bench spot for Reimold when the Blue Jays (i.e., the O's closest competitor) actually need the same player to start. Like...the O's are the midseason favorites to win the division. There's blood in the water. I don't know where I am.

Either way, it's just now sinking in for me that the O's were dithering over a bench spot for Reimold when the Blue Jays (i.e., the O's closest competitor) actually need the same player to start. Like...the O's are the midseason favorites to win the division. There's blood in the water. I don't know where I am.

A write up on Nolan from the Toronto perspective.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2014/07/07/blue_jays_gamble_on_nolan_reimolds_road_to_recovery_griffin.html

Yea, it is starting to look like this team should be considered the favorite here on out.

That worries me for some reason.

Waiting on that second shoe...

You can blow out a candle

But you can't blow out a fire

Once the flames begin to catch

The wind will blow it higher

Yea, it is starting to look like this team should be considered the favorite here on out.

That worries me for some reason.

Waiting on that second shoe...

The problem is that we're all painfully aware of the Orioles' shortcomings. It's just that every other team in the division seems to be grappling with a significantly longer list of shortcomings. I still don't think the O's can handle a team like the A's or Angels in a long playoff series, but the path to the division title seems to be...clear? Eek?

• Upvote 1

The problem is that we're all painfully aware of the Orioles' shortcomings. It's just that every other team in the division seems to be grappling with a significantly longer list of shortcomings. I still don't think the O's can handle a team like the A's or Angels in a long playoff series, but the path to the division title seems to be...clear? Eek?

Anything can happen in a given series though. The best team doesn't always win, it's the team that plays the best. Also, the Angels are not nearly as good as their record indicates. They are a whopping a 33-11 against teams under .500. They struggle mightily against any team that isn't bad.

The O's could easily beat any team in the league in a series with their stellar bullpen, quick strike (and sometimes incredible) offense, and fantastic defense. Lets not forget either that the O's SP are underperforming pretty badly and they're still 49-41. Tillman, Jimenez, and Gonzo (our top 3 going into the season) all have significantly higher ERA's in 2014 than in 2013. Chen is also higher. The only one pitching as expected or better is Norris, our #5 going into the season. Call me crazy but I think the O's finish with 92-95 wins and go into the postseason as a dark horse behind Oakland and Detroit.

Anything can happen in a given series though. The best team doesn't always win, it's the team that plays the best. Also, the Angels are not nearly as good as their record indicates. They are a whopping a 33-11 against teams under .500. They struggle mightily against any team that isn't bad.

The O's could easily beat any team in the league in a series with their stellar bullpen, quick strike (and sometimes incredible) offense, and fantastic defense. Lets not forget either that the O's SP are underperforming pretty badly and they're still 49-41. Tillman, Jimenez, and Gonzo (our top 3 going into the season) all have significantly higher ERA's in 2014 than in 2013. Chen is also higher. The only one pitching as expected or better is Norris, our #5 going into the season. Call me crazy but I think the O's finish with 92-95 wins and go into the postseason as a dark horse behind Oakland and Detroit.

Their pitching is every bit as suspect as ours.