vs. RED SOX, 4/03

Orioles2012

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yes, other than maybe flipping Rush and Kjerstad, thats my line up today. we have to get after Lugo Today
    • I agree with every bit of this. Plus, consider these factors.  Beside the point that Erceg has not given up a stolen base, Sal Perez is a stud catcher, with a stud arm.  The worst thing the Orioles could have done is put Holliday in try and steal.  That's a fools game.  Also, don't you kind want to the other team's first baseman to have to hold the runner, opening up more of a hole for Rutschman and Cowser on that side?  That's smarter baseball.  The fact that our young studs really are not reliable in key situations is the problem here, and it's been that way for the entire 2nd half of the season for most of them.  People point to injuries as to why we didn't play well.  That's an excuse, and not a very good one.  The fact is, if you look at the stats for the guys who weren't hurt, that should tell you all you need to know.  They just weren't good enough for 2+ months, and are only in the playoffs on the strength of April and May performance, and some of June.   To a man, including Gunnar, they all need to get better next season.  I guess we'll see who can step it up.  I wish I could have more confidence that the expected studs will figure it out, but my expectations are not very high.
    • Last offseason may as well be last century.  Personally, supressing the built-in reflex to never expect the Orioles to be a consequential player in the FA market hasn't been this easy since the late 1990's.  There is zero existing basis to conclude that the new ownership group will maintain the Angelos approach to team building.  I hope they continue to primarly build from within, but until we have solid evidence one way or another, I'm not going to assume anything.  That includes a player like Soto not wearing orange and black in 2025. And that also includes spending hundreds of millions annually in multiple FA orgies - we all know overrliance on free agents is a dumb game, especially long-term.  But the O's offense has been showing up small since the AS break and nobody is confusing Jackson Holliday with Jackson Merrill.  Another early exit from the post season and I think the conversation in the O's front office changes significantly.
    • And let’s not forget all the botched double plays this year
    • Bat Rutchman 10th. That’s all I hope happens. 
    • I don't think I would, but here's what that would look like; I could get on board: Mullins Westburg Henderson O'hearn Santander Cowser Kjerstad Rutschman Holliday
    • Over Westburg would definitely be terrible, but I've seen no one mention that. Over Urias is much more defensible because his hot streak really didn't continue after his injury.  And Holliday can and probably would be replaced easily by Urias or Rivera for D if (IF IF IF) we get a lead.
  • Popular Contributors