vs. YANKEES, 4/08

OFFNY

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could bring back the 4-man rotation tho... :scratchchinhmm:

Why have starting pitchers at all?

You remember when I theorized about eliminating starters last year? Seven inning games you could do it. Keep each guy out there until the lineup turns over on them then bring in a fresh arm.

Of course guys like Kershaw and Verlander could still start, and have 2-3 no hitters a year.

This is only the second 3-hit game for Flaherty. The other one was August 2, 2013 when the O's beat Seattle 11-8. So the key to scoring 11 runs is 3 hits from Flaherty. ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Delmon Young's last three hit game? Also August 2, 2013.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">April 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Freaky!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Delmon Young's last three hit game? Also August 2, 2013.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">April 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Freaky!

And this is why I love baseball.

They can speed up the game. Batters can stay in the box instead of stepping out and adjusting gloves,etc. Team meetings on the mound. Delay tactics when you need to get a pitcher up. Catcher goes out then the pitching coach. Too many meetings and step outs.

You forgot throwovers to first. ALL THE BEST PARTS OF THE GAME!!!!! I vote for longer games.

Archived