What's Up With Lough?

olehippi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just a matter of time, the clock is ticking on Lough.

I'll say this much if we aren't going to play him vs RHP then at least bring up Weeks and send Schoop down. We could use someone who works counts and has some speed. We really don't have a 4th outfielder if he is gone though.

I'll say this much if we aren't going to play him vs RHP then at least bring up Weeks and send Schoop down. We could use someone who works counts and has some speed. We really don't have a 4th outfielder if he is gone though.

Agreed. They should be playing Weeks in the outfield as much as possible to see if he can play effectively out there. Lough needs to go down to AAA and see if he can find it.

Agreed. They should be playing Weeks in the outfield as much as possible to see if he can play effectively out there. Lough needs to go down to AAA and see if he can find it.

I would think he would get claimed because of his season last year, I really though he would give us more.

It's time to move on.

I agree, his defense was supposed to be his plus and would be okay as long he had an OPS in the 600's. Right now he is at463 OPS and has looked as terrible as his numbers say he is.

Can't see the O's sending Schoop down. They love his defense.

Were those last 2 called strikes to Lough even strikes? The first called strike looked very low, not even close. The 2nd one looked outside. Lough got screwed, they didn't show the pitch track. Could anybody verify if they were strikes? I know there is a site that has the info, I don't remember what it is. Thanks.

I would think he would get claimed because of his season last year, I really though he would give us more.

So be it honestly. I don't think his season last year was all that great really though I would take those stats from a 4th outfielder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm glad it's all about reverence for valued members of the team instead of trying to win.  Mullins has been terrible offensively and should see some serious bench time until he starts hitting at least some.
    • When Markakis was Beavers’ age he was putting up a .799 OPS in the majors.  
    • But Mountcastle probably wasn't going to ever get up to tie it...I mean, maybe he would have, but after Gunnar you had Adley who was going to hit lefty, then you had lefty O'Hearn.  And then Tony who was gonna hit lefty if he had a chance to hit had the game not been decided yet.   So because Hyde was a slave to the righty/lefty matchup, he left his best bat on the bench.  And he would have for the rest of the inning had things gone differently.  He wouldn't pinch hit for Westy.  He probably wouldn't pinch hit for Cowser.  You'd have to wait until extra innings when Hays, Mullins and Mateo got up to bat to find a spot to put Mounty in there, so why not just do it in the 9th somewhere? I don't consider Stowers a viable bench bat in that situation.  I can see why some would, I just don't see it right now.  125 at bats in the majors, 43 strikeouts, and 8 walks.   Mateo...not a good hitter overall, but has been surprisingly decent lately.  And you want to get him on base because of his speed, he can score from first.  I don't see how Stowers for him is a great swap...but like Mullins being so bad, I don't think Stowers had much of a chance right there despite being a lefty.  Stowers hasn't flashed much at all in his time in the big leagues...now part of that is because he hasn't received consistent playing time but that's another debate for another thread. Getting back to Mullins being an automatic out, I'd have preferred to see Stowers hit for Mullins if Hyde was so hell bent on getting Stowers in there.  I'd have let Mateo take his chances. I'm not comping Mateo and Mullins offensively.  What I am saying is that I don't think Hyde wanted to pinch hit for Mullins in that spot because he's a veteran leader on the team and he doesn't want to show that he doesn't have confidence in him....despite Mullins having given every reason to not have confidence in him for awhile now. I'm saying that Mateo, despite being a severely flawed offensive player, has been a relatively important part of the team these past couple years and he's done everything he's been asked to do with a smile on his face.  Stowers for Mateo, even though it was the right move from a matchup perspective wasn't a good move for political/clubhouse reasons.  Pinch hitting someone who's barely broken his rookie status for a vet like Mateo?  I dunno, I didn't like it.    
    • There are a lot of bad teams in the league like @eddie83 mentioned and I have to think one of them will take a flyer on Baumann. I'd prefer he slip through waivers because there's a decent chance we could use him as a mop up pitcher later this summer.
    • I’d take that. 
    • Agreed on all but the 2030 timeline. Clear evidence for all to see, on every pitch, is unsustainable at this rate. With improvements in the tech, a solution must come sooner. 
    • Cal is only going to be around for public relations with the fans. Elias isn't going to put up with Cal trying to interfere with baseball operations and I don't see Rubenstein listening to Cal's input on how to run the team like we did with Brady Anderson and the Angelos family.
  • Popular Contributors