When are we allowed to get excited about Wieters?

SticksandStones

After all this time, I didn't know that Matt's middle name was "Richard."

No wonder, I am on the Wieters bandwagon! :)

Do your "friends" call you 'Dick'?

"Ehhh, Dick ....... excuse, me ...... Rich ...... will milk be made available to us?"

John Bender (Judd Nelson) from "The Breakfast Club"

Oo

[video=youtube;unEuzQDlvXM]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a perfectly acceptable name back in our day. And Richard is not a youngster either ;)

Yeah, I doubt that people were making dirty snickers when they heard the title of W.C. Fields' movie "The Bank Dick." Although an online etymology dicktionary says the "penis" meaning was first recorded 17 years before the "detective" meaning was.

Yeah, I doubt that people were making dirty snickers when they heard the title of W.C. Fields' movie "The Bank Dick." Although an online etymology dicktionary says the "penis" meaning was first recorded 17 years before the "detective" meaning was.

Actor Dick Van Dyke, born 1928

President Tricky Dicky was Dick to his close friends, born 1913.

Cartoon Dick Tracy, born 1931.

NASA Astronaut Dick Gordon Jr., born 1925

MLB Dick Allen, Born 1948

MLB Dick Williams, Born 1925

Actor Dick Van Dyke, born 1928

President Tricky Dicky was Dick to his close friends, born 1913.

Cartoon Dick Tracy, born 1931.

NASA Astronaut Dick Gordon Jr., born 1925

MLB Dick Allen, Born 1948

MLB Dick Williams, Born 1925

I know two guys that go by Dick. I would say one is around 65, the other, that bagger at Publix I have mentioned before, has to be mid 70's.

Another good night from Mr. Wieters, can we be excited yet? His swing is SO much better from the left side than I've ever seen before, as evident by his opposite field single last night. Last year, he would try to pull that ball and roll over for a ground out to 2nd base.

Another good night from Mr. Wieters, can we be excited yet? His swing is SO much better from the left side than I've ever seen before, as evident by his opposite field single last night. Last year, he would try to pull that ball and roll over for a ground out to 2nd base.

I'm ready to sign up for cautious optimism. He's had better months than this April before so I'm certainly not ready to declare he's officially turned a corner, but you obviously have to like that he has been locked in from day 1 so far.

I'm ready to sign up for cautious optimism. He's had better months than this April before so I'm certainly not ready to declare he's officially turned a corner, but you obviously have to like that he has been locked in from day 1 so far.

I am damn glad we are discussing, can he stay hot, instead, of dang, when is he going to turn it on. :)

I am damn glad we are discussing, can he stay hot, instead, of dang, when is he going to turn it on? :)

Matt's gonna turn it on.

Matt's gonna turn on the power.

It's coming down the lines, strong as it can be.

Through the courtesy of the Electric Company.

The Electric Company ......

[video=youtube;GGqYTm-0zds]

Matt's gonna turn it on.

Matt's gonna turn on the power.

It's coming down the lines, strong as it can be.

Through the courtesy of the Electric Company.

[video=youtube;GGqYTm-0zds]

Thats funny! :)

:awesome:

The good thing is he is hitting well from both sides. May-June are is bad months, so I'm still holding my breath.

Agreed. It certainly helps that we have a believable narrative for an uptick in numbers (his adjustments at the plate, success hitting both LH and RH). We had that during his fantastic April in 2012 as well, though (he was breaking out, as expected, duh).

I wonder if anyone could show his L/R splits in April 2012 vs. April 2014?

Archived