When are we allowed to get excited about Wieters?

SticksandStones

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does every thread about Wieters or Davis have to turn into a "will we sign him" thread? Are we ever allowed to just enjoy their performance?

Yeah. Well. It is not controversial to enjoy the afterglow of a good performance. I've been happy with Wieters. He has looked like I though he should all along. He is a switch hitter.

When are we allowed to get excited about Wieters?
When he goes an entire season without making a single error while winning both the Triple Crown and the M.V.P., bats .444 in the A.L.D.S. and the A.L.C.S., and hits the game-winning home run in Game Seven of the World Series.

Until then ........ meh.

Still not there yet.

Yawn.

I'm excited that he is actually hitting the ball hard and making better contact. The past few years I have never seen a guy at his size hit more weak ground balls and pop ups. Hopefully this is the year that he lives up to his high expectations.

This is the Wieters I expected when he came up. I am very excited watching him play right now.

That said, IF I have to choose one, 3 weeks does not alter my opinion that I sign Davis over Matt. However, if Matt does this all season, I may have to change my opinion on trying to lock him up.

I just don't see either Davis or Matt signing with us until they first test the market.

This is the Wieters I expected when he came up. I am very excited watching him play right now.

That said, IF I have to choose one, 3 weeks does not alter my opinion that I sign Davis over Matt. However, if Matt does this all season, I may have to change my opinion on trying to lock him up.

I just don't see either Davis or Matt signing with us until they first test the market.

Perhaps if Matt sees that you are "on board with his signing", he will offer up a home town discount? :scratchchinhmm:

After all this time, I didn't know that Matt's middle name was "Richard."

No wonder, I am on the Wieters bandwagon! :)

You have GOT to be kidding me, Rick.

o

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

MATTHEW RICHARD WIETERS

Archived