Jason Churchill on the Radio

mallison

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a great deal for the Mariners...You can argue that they can't contend with Bedard and that you should keep Jones because of it but the deal itself is worse than what Haren got and Bedard is much better than Haren.

I agree, I don't like these rumors. I'd rather have Votto & Bailey straight up than this package.

The way they are talking either half the Bedard package is going to be relief pitching or A ball pitchers. Way to much risk on our part, IMO.

Relief pitching shouldn't even be a consideration for us and we have plenty of young pitching depth as is. WHERE ARE THE FREAKING BATS.

This is a great deal for the Mariners...You can argue that they can't contend with Bedard and that you should keep Jones because of it but the deal itself is worse than what Haren got and Bedard is much better than Haren.

Agreed, if Balentein does well, there's not a huge need for Jones. Tillman and Butler are a long way from helping anyone. And Sherrill is just a loogy for them. They've helped themselves tremendously at the major league level, and they still have some quality prospects in their system.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Walking the first three guys you see when you nave an 11-0 lead is pretty offensive.  The one thing you have to do in a game like that is make the other team swing the bat.  Throw strikes and make the other guys earn their way on base.  It’s Baseball 101.  
    • None of our outfielders are on any kind of heater. None are even close to all star conversation. Stowers has had a few good games and sure, he deserves more looks. He gives Hyde current options. We are winning and I expect Hyde will mix and match further to see if he can get Mullins, Santander, and Hays going. Would be nice if Cowser would be more consistant also. Both Mullins and Hays have shown signs. Santander if he ever gets going could carry the team. It's scary to think how good this team could be if the outfield started to click. June will be telling.
    • Since May 11, he has really struggled. .678 OPS .555 xOPS .262 xwOBA 27.3 K% 34% whiff rate 38% hard hit rate  
    • I think Stowers development is happening just is time. The O's have 30 games in 31 days coming up.  That is the grind.   And with Santander, Mullins, Hays, Cowser and Stowers ability to start in the outfield and at DH the O's should be ready to withstand the fouls off the foot, the pains from the dives and hitting the wall every now and then.   For me it's not about is there enough playing time.  Its with the injuries, bumps and bruises is there enough time to rest.
    • Who did he take it back from?
    • Do you think anyone really cares which minor league player we gave up for the pitcher currently on the major league roster who we never want to see take the mound?
    • One opinion on the extent of his success - BP refreshed its dynasty rankings recently, which mesh quality and years of control for gamers in somewhat the same way as we care about here. The three Top 100 MLB-wide players who were 100+ spot climbers in the first third of 2024 were Westburg, Jared Jones and Mason Miller. Royce Lewis, Bryson Stott and Oneil Cruz are the other infielders near him.
  • Popular Contributors