Curious to see how much time 53 homers buys

Moose Milligan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not working because of the players performance, not the lineup order.

What he said. There's no reason to think that reshuffling the order, with the same players in it, is going to spark the offense. A guy who can't hit in the No. 4 or No. 5 or No. 6 spot isn't suddenly going to figure it out batting 7th or 8th.

I think the lineup needs a rework. Call Lombo up send Schoop down. Then go

Markakis

Lombo

Jones

Cruz

Davis

Clevenger

Machado

Hardy

Lough

Well they need to do something. Going with what they have is not working

I'm thinking giving your 2nd-most plate appearances to a guy who's fairly well proven he can't hit major league pitching isn't going to work. But hey, why not?

What he said. There's no reason to think that reshuffling the order, with the same players in it, is going to spark the offense. A guy who can't hit in the No. 4 or No. 5 or No. 6 spot isn't suddenly going to figure it out batting 7th or 8th.

But if you shuffle the batting order often enough you'll eventually get one that coincides with a good offensive performance, and you can then take credit for your genius.

I think the lineup needs a rework. Call Lombo up send Schoop down. Then go

Markakis

Lombo

Jones

Cruz

Davis

Clevenger

Machado

Hardy

Lough

Two lefties in a row that you can't pinch hit for (Davis-Clevenger). Something out of the box would be to bat Clevenger #2. He seems to have a good approach and makes good contact. .373 OBP in the minors. It's not like the O's will be stealing any bases in front of AJ or Cruz.

This.

They may marginally improve but I doubt that any shuffle of the lineup will do a whole lot.

The thing that will help is if guys start producing at the level they are capable of. Davis, Manny, JJ are three guys that I think will get going from a power and production standpoint as their health improves hopefully. That will help.

What makes a guy hit better in the 6th or 7th spot is being on a team that has more offensive weapons. Not just moving him down because he has poor OBP skills or he isn't a patient hitter.

Two lefties in a row that you can't pinch hit for (Davis-Clevenger). Something out of the box would be to bat Clevenger #2. He seems to have a good approach and makes good contact. .373 OBP in the minors. It's not like the O's will be stealing any bases in front of AJ or Cruz.

I think that it has been proven completely that any type of lineup optimization has such a small impact that it should be forgone in lieu of a better training staff as improvement tool.

Archived