vs. PIRATES, 5/20

Aglets

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really really hope Tanaka loses tonight. I can't stand the media constantly talking about him potentially going undefeated. He's good, no doubt, but I want to see what happens to him when the league adjust 2nd or 3rd time seeing him.

I hope he loses 10-0, and I hate the Cubs.

I liked Jason a lot here. Wish he'd been healthier. I fear he might not stay healthy in Chicago.

Has had only one bad start this season. He almost had a great season with us in 2012--thought he was going to be good for us for a long time.... Was sorry to see him leave. Wish we'd had the budget to keep him around longer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I edited my comment to include Mountcastle’s defense in OAA and Runs Prevented compared to other first basemen, but to your question, yes, I think it is unlikely that we will have so many. 
    • He’s been an interesting case where he seems to get scorching hot for a month and then ice cold the rest of the season. He’s been a little less scorching and a little more steady thus far. I still expect him to go ice cold because that’s his career MO. But he’s filled in quite  nicely. 
    • There was one AB later in the game when he swung at a couple low and aways. You could see him admonish himself, but he did lay off of the next one. I don't care if he hits honers or not, just getting on base is a huge bonus.
    • How flashy the other fielders are isn't relevant since he's not competing against them for the award. Unless of course you think they would not give him a GG since that would make too many Orioles getting one? He's going to be competing against other first basemen, none of whom are flashy.
    • I think MC is going to get more competition from his teammates than from other first baseman, because it’s unlikely for all four to win.   However, I just checked, and defensively, Mountcastle is tied for 20th in first baseman OAA at -1( leader has 7) and 20th in runs prevented at 0( the leader has 5)
    • I think you missed my point, which is that on the Orioles, if you make a list of the best defenders, regardless of how good Mountcastle is, others will always be ahead of him because the nature of their positions makes it easier for them to have a web gem.  When they’re handing out gold gloves, Westburg and Gunnar and AR are more likely to get attention. At first, a mistake will often be more memorable than a difficult pick, which is why I mentioned Mc’s gaffe.
    • I'm glad for Mullins. They are a much better team when he's a part of the offense. Hopefully today was step one of getting the slump behind him.
  • Popular Contributors