vs. Texas Rangers, 6/4

weams

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Bud. No one expects enough for a jinx to even be an anomaly. Folks expect him to be sub optimal.

I should stop changing my avatars daily with the SP then. We've been on a mini streak since I started doing it with Chris' last start.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I wouldn't be disappointed as long as we made a deeper run in the playoffs.
    • The Yankees series showed us really sloppy baseball.Ny didn’t do the little things well, and missed a few of the big things, too. The eye test shows the D to be pretty good. We’ve had the odd bad throw, but I don’t recall many bad fundamentals. How many TOOTBLANS have we had? Two? Three? Yesterday, when Mateo backed up first and threw out an excellent runner in India, no one was more surprised than India himself. But that’s a “Little Thing,” and it’s what good teams do. We aren’t just better than the Yankees, they’re bad. And we have the depth to keep this up. I have my annoyances with Hyde, but I’ll honestly be disappointed if the Os don’t win 101+ this year.
    • SSS makes we hesitate to agree with you, @Frobby. But the thread idea is thought provoking as most of yours are. Thanks for that! I will say I feel like the depth of the organization is better than last year. With both Means and Bradish looking all healed up, even the SP depth looks rather good. Case in point is the total absence of an OH melt down when Grayson went on the IL.  I think the only aspect of this team that looks like it needs to be fortified at the trade deadline, ( at least as it currently stands on this Cinco de Mayo) is the bullpen. And if Wells and Irwin find themselves there by then, maybe not even there. Mike Elias has the bullets in his gun to make a deadline trade if he needs to. But he might not need to. That's a really powerful place to be!
    • The part I liked most other than the results was that Means was just READY on every pitch. As soon as he got the ball from McCann, it looked like he wanted to throw it right back to him. Great rhythm and confidence. He looked exactly like I’d hoped he would.    I think pitching regularly for a really good team for the first time in his career is going to be great for Means. Last night a great first step.    Burnes/Bradish/Means. It’s at least possible Grayson becomes our FOURTH best pitcher when he returns. Wells was our best pitcher in the first half of ‘22. He might not crack the top 7 anymore. Goodness. 
    • Always nice to hear your take. Agree Cowser is faster than Hays... don't think he's as natural a defender, re: lines and glove. I think we're giving up a little, but Cowser isn't an embarrassment by any means. Mullins is of course slowing, and will continue. Might shift to a corner in a year or two if we keep him. Doubt we will. Too much in the pipeline. Hard to argue that Santander isn't a little better. But he's always had a better arm than he got credit for. He looks a little less beefy to me. Wonder if that has improved his range? This is among the best defenses in the league this year and last, so most of the critique is fine detail.  
    • They are all young as well: Greene is 24 Abbott is 24 Lodolo is 26 And they have Rhett Lowder on the way. 
    • Let's just appreciate for a moment that Kremer isn't on/off the IL all year long. Availability has been his biggest asset.
  • Popular Contributors